Five

5 • When he saw her
Ricky point of view
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I need answers. I need to know why she left without a goodbye. I need to know why she can't be with me. She was my best friend, she shouldn't leave without a reason.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It's obviously my fault. I shouldn't have gotten drunk. I can barely remember the things I did. She didn't want to go to that Halloween party, we should've stayed at home eating popcorn.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I remember that night too well. Chloe was dressed as Audrey Hepburn and I was dressed as nothing because I absolutely hate costumes. We got lost there. She hung out with the good crowd, while I hung out with the opposite of that. After my third drink, I remember nothing. That was probably when the party went wide.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I woke up the next day on a room, only in my jeans. I looked around trying to understand what was I doing there, but I only found a necklace, the same necklace Chloe was wearing. Maybe we did things, maybe she lost it, maybe she got as drunk as I did and lost it. It's just a bunch of maybes and what ifs.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I get home pretty exhausted, I never thought teaching kids would be so time consuming. My place is a mess. A bunch of cardboard boxes, some food on the kitchen counter, a mattress on the living room floor. This mattress shouldn't even be here, it should be in my room. I'm not carrying it up there so I guess I'll sleep here tonight.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀•••
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀It's Tuesday, 3AM and these people can't go to bed? Usually people threw parties on weekends, I'm guessing Texas is different. Yep, I'm done trying to sleep. I get up, put a jacket on and drive to a café next block.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I sit on a table next to a window so I can feel the wind coming in. I order a hot chocolate with banana bread, which is delicious, by the way.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀I'm sitting there, eating my bread and then she walks in. The most gorgeous woman I've met walked in. When she turns her face for a split second, she sees me. I give her a weak smile and she looks down in return blushing, just like it used to be.
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀Chloe sits on a table across from mine, facing me. "Are you sitting with me or not, Ricardo?"
⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
⠀⠀⠀A/N- clicky😍