A New Year with New Secrets

Spells used in this chapter:

Incarcerous (in-CAR-ser-us) - Ties someone or something up with ropes.

Incendio Duo (in-SEN-dee-oh DOO-oh) - A stronger version of Incendio (Produces Fire).

Phoenix was nervous about going back to school. Yes, the day finally came for the twins to start their sixth year at Hogwarts. She and Harry had taken a trip to Diagon Alley the day before to get their supplies and now, they were on the train, looking for a compartment they could stay in. Phoenix was hoping she didn't see Draco. She didn't know if she could face him if what Professor Snape said was true.

Harry noticed his twin was a bit uneasy and squeezed her hand for support. "It's alright," He said with a smile. Phoenix returned the smile but couldn't help thinking, If only you knew, Harry. If only.

They finally found a compartment and Phoenix decided that she would turn into Animagus form, just for the fun of it. Just to freak people out and end up asking Harry, "I don't think they allow those at Hogwarts." Or something else...Just something to take Phoenix' mind off of Draco.

Speaking of...He walked right past their compartment and saw the red-coated wolf. Draco smirked and winked at her. Phoenix looked past him and saw a familiar face; Alyssa St. Claire. SHE'S COMING TO HOGWARTS NOW?! CAN I TRANSFER?! She looked to Harry and whimpered with wide puppy dog eyes, Save me human. Save me, please. Kill me, shoot me, do anything. Just...GET ME OUT OF HERE!

Harry laughed at Phoenix, not hearing or understanding what she said, because A) She had this conversation in her mind and B) She's a wolf...Wolves don't speak human...Humans don't speak wolf. Harry pet her head and she sighed in defeat, laying her head on her paws.

The train ride felt too long to Phoenix. Maybe there was too much emotional baggage she carried with her. Or maybe it was the fact that she had so many secrets that she had to keep. When the train had finally pulled into Hogwarts, Phoenix didn't shift out of her Animagus form. She was too done with the world to do so, so she just stayed the way she was most comfortable. She was just a little bit larger than the size of regular wolf anyways, so there wouldn't really be a problem. Phoenix padded down the steps of the train and just walked next to Harry into the oh so familiar school.

Hermione, Ginny, and Ron joined up with the two of them and they walked together for the rest of the way. Hermione pet Phoenix' head every once in a while and that made Phoenix smile at her friend. They already knew that their luggage would be put in their rooms anyways, so they skipped that and went straight to dinner. As the five walked to the Great Hall, Hermione kept trying to get them to stop by the girl's bathroom so Phoenix could wash her hand...paws.

But Phoenix just looked down at her paws and wiped them on the carpet. Hermione finally dragged Phoenix into the bathroom so she could wash her paws. And, much to Hermione's dismay, Phoenix hated it and she splashed the water on Hermione. Phoenix laughed at her friend's wet state and shook herself dry before walking out, a smirk evident on her face.

Harry and Ron had to control themselves to keep from laughing at Hermione's state. Ginny smiled and rubbed Phoenix' neck. "Let's go to dinner now, please." Ginny suggested, chuckling under her breath. They walked into the Great Hall. They were one of the first to arrive for dinner, and Phoenix just hoped that she wouldn't have to run into Draco tonight.