Secret Meetings

Spells used in this chapter: 

Herbivicus (her-BIV-ih-cuss) - Makes plants grow to full size instantaneously.

        Draco was too distracted to pay attention to what his mother was saying. All she was at the moment was white noise in the background of his silent world. The cause of this distraction? Phoenix Minerva Rubella Potter. Draco watched as Phoenix and Harry turned to leave, it all felt like slow motion to him. He watched Phoenix' wavy hair fly and bounce when she walked, the shake of her hips with each step, the way her muscles tensed as she talked with Harry. Draco sighed slowly, and in his world, that was the only thing he could hear.

        "Draco?" A female voice started to cut through the slow silence. "Draco!" Now the world went back to normal. Phoenix and Harry turned round a corner and disappeared from his view. Alyssa stormed back to them, huffing, and clearly in a bad mood. "Draco, are you listening to me?" His mother asked.

        Draco flung his head towards his mother. "Hmm?" Narcissa huffed and rolled her eyes.

        "No, he wasn't paying attention. His thoughts were clearly elsewhere." Alyssa glared behind her before taking a deep breath and turning back around to rejoin the conversation. "Now," She smiled, "were we ready to head back to Malfoy Manor?"

        Narcissa glanced at Draco's current state and sighed. "Yes Alyssa dear, we're done for today. Here's your bag," She handed Alyssa a shopping bag full of clothes, accessories, and sportswear. They headed back to Malfoy Manor, where Draco immediately ran to his room to write Phoenix a letter.

        Meanwhile, back in Diagon Alley, Phoenix and Harry were racing against the clock, trying to get back into London before the Dursley's left. They hurried out of Diagon Alley and ran to the spot they were supposed to meet the Dursley's and saw they weren't there. "We beat them," Phoenix panted, "we're early." The twins rejoiced after catching their breath, only to hear Big Ben chime faintly, as it was a little ways away.

        The twins looked around for a clock, only to find, it was an hour past when they were supposed to meet the Dursley's. "Bloody hell!" Harry muttered while Phoenix slapped her forehead in utter defeat. "How are we going to get back now?"

        "Well, we can't apparate back, we're underage." Phoenix sighed as she put her hands on her hips.

        Harry ran a hand through his messy hair and pondered a growing thought for a second. "Can you run us back in Animagus form?"

        Phoenix debated the idea for a second before speaking. "It doesn't hurt to try." Harry nodded and the twins tried to find a good place, a hidden place, for Phoenix to shift without being noticed. They found a stairwell underground and quickly rushed to it, getting a few weird looks from people. Harry kept a watchful eye out as Phoenix shifted into Animagus form. She barked and Harry turned around. He grinned, seeing as she was a smaller size so the Muggles wouldn't think it suspicious that a giant, red-coated dog was running 'round the city.

        Harry let Phoenix walk beside him as they ran out of the stairwell. She stayed close to his side as they continued on their way, trying to find alternate routes with less people and more open space for running. They got many strange glances from onlooking people. Even the tourists on the Double-Decker buses that passed had their cameras out. At one point, Harry looked at them when they were paused at a stoplight, waiting to cross the road. "Nothing to see here, just walking my dog." He said smiling.

        Phoenix barked and smiled at the people on the bus before the walking light signalled that it was alright to go. They walked a bit longer, trying to hurry as the sun started to set around them. The twins finally took a road that Phoenix knew all too well. Harry thought it looked familiar, but he couldn't pin point the location in his brain.