Stuck at Home with Polyjuice

Spells used in this chapter:

Immoblus (eem-oh-bue-les) - Renders living targets immobile.

Muffliato (muf-lee-AH-to) - This spell fills peoples' ears with an unidentifiable buzzing to keep them from hearing nearby conversations.

Whenever Harry's involved in something at Hogwarts, people tend to not notice until the day after. So when breakfast came and both Harry and Professor Dumbledore were nowhere to be found, it raised suspicion. Not only was Phoenix worried, but she was angry with Harry because he didn't tell her he was leaving. So naturally, Phoenix sought council from Professor Snape to see if he could shed some light on the situation.

Professor McGonagall took over the speech before breakfast and everyone was glad for it, but we didn't really listen based on the fact that two of the most influential people of the school were suddenly missing. But McGonagall reassured everyone that they were alright; even though she didn't sound too sure of it herself when she told everyone.

When breakfast was over, Phoenix walked up to the head table and talked with Professor Snape about Harry and Dumbledore. He said he had an idea, but not one that he could say in front of an audience. Phoenix nodded and followed him back to his classroom, glancing over her shoulder as they left.

Once they got there, Professor Snape shut the door and pulled out his wand, muttering, "Muffliato!" Phoenix glanced over her shoulder, at the door before turning her attention to Snape and waiting for an explanation. "I do believe they're searching for Horcruxes."

Phoenix crossed her arms over her chest and looked at Snape with a confused look. "Horcruxes? It takes extremely dark magic for someone to make a Horcrux. Who would do that and why would Professor Dumbledore take Harry?"

"I know not where, but I might have an idea on who and why," Snape officially peaked Phoenix' interest and she waited for him to speak again. He took a deep breath and leaned against his desk, folding his hands in front of him. "Think of someone who has no regard for human life and wants to live forever."

"Lord Voldemort," Phoenix guessed.

The professor nodded, "Precisely."

"Is he that powerful to have created a Horcrux?"

"Powerful enough to have made seven."

Phoenix' eyes widened. "SEVEN?!"

Snape nodded, "Supposedly there's nine, but the last two aren't known to us, or even to Voldemort himself."

Phoenix thought about it for a second, biting her lip and tapping her fingers. Soon, a thought popped up in the back of her mind but she pushed it away because it was too preposterous. "I know that look," Professor Snape interjected, "what is it?"

Phoenix raised an eyebrow at how well the professor knew her and smiled, debating whether or not she should share it. She decided she would, after a minute, and straightened her posture before speaking, "What if Harry and I are Horcruxes?"

Snape looked at her with furrowed brows, "How would that be even remotely possible?"

And in the two little words that Phoenix would speak next, would make the pieces of the puzzle all come together and start to form a master plan for Professor Severus Snape. Phoenix said, "Godric's Hollow." The Professor's eyes widened and he pushed himself off the of desk, standing straight, his face more pale than usual. "Professor?" Phoenix asked, wanting to make sure the professor was still alive.