Talks In The Hallways

Spells used in this chapter:

Avada Kedavra (ah-VAH-duh keh-DAV-rah) - killing curse; causes instant death on victim

Episky (ee-PISS-key) - used to heal minor injuries like broken bones and repairing cartilage

Expelliarmus (ex-PELL-ee-ARE-muss) - disarming charm; causes whatever the victim is holding to fly away from their hand

Once the Sorting Hat said "SLYTHERIN!", everyone went wild. Gryffindor was outraged, Slytherin was cheering, Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw were both complaining that they didn't get the second Potter.But one thing was on the minds of all; how did this girl know so much about magic but had never been to a magic school.

Dumbledore came to the front to speak as the noise in the Great Hall continued. "Students, please get with your respective houses and head back to your dormitories." Everyone groaned but did as the old wizard instructed. Harry gave Phoenix a hug before joining the rest of Gryffindor, leaving the young girl sitting on the stool in front of the stage as the four houses cleared out of the Great Hall.

The teachers started to clear out as well, leaving Phoenix alone. Well, almost; Draco Malfoy decided to stay behind and observe the new Slytherin. She held her elbows as she tried to process everything that had happened. Phoenix glanced around the room as her eyes set on Professor Snape, who had not yet left the room. "How did you know my mother?" She called to him.

"We grew up together." He stated.

Phoenix nodded in understanding, "Wonderful." She looked around the room again as she got off the stool. Her eyes landed on a door behind the head table, and she made eye contact with Professor Umbridge.

Umbridge had a certain look in her eyes that reminded Phoenix of a painful childhood memory. She grimaced and looked away quickly as a flash of her past blinded her. She stumbled, but caught herself on the Gryffindor table. Malfoy stepped out of the doorway, but Professor Snape hurried over to help.

"Are you alright child?" Professor Snape asked. Snape noticed Draco in the doorway and called him over to help.

"I'm fine," Phoenix nodded, "just a childhood memory."

"Yes Professor?" Malfoy asked as he reached the scene.

Phoenix raised an eyebrow at Malfoy, "Weren't you the one I shocked earlier?" Draco glared at her, but immediately stopped when Professor Snape spoke.

"Lead Ms. Potter to the Slytherin dormitory and make sure someone helps her get settled in," Malfoy had a confused look on his face, but winced when Snape glared at him. "Am I understood, Draco?"

Malfoy gulped and nodded. "Come on then." He started walking towards the door, with Phoenix following close behind. They trekked through the halls of Hogwarts, finally making it to the Slytherin dormitory. "How does it feel to be related to the famous Harry Potter?" Draco sneered.

"Well, he's not famous, not to me. I've only met the boy and all I can think about is that I'm not alone anymore." Phoenix admitted as the door opened to the Slytherin dormitory. Most of the Slytherin were already in their rooms, only a few were left in the common room.

Phoenix looked around the room. The whole room was filled with dark grey, black, and green. There was a large fireplace with some couches in front of it. There were hallways etched out in the walls, most likely where the rooms were. "Phoenix?" Malfoy snapped Phoenix out of her thoughts of admiration.