Awkward Interactions

Spells used in this chapter:

Accio (AK-ee-oh) - This charm summons an object to the caster, potentially over a significant distance. It can be used in two ways; either by casting the charm and then naming the object desired, or by pointing your at the desired object during or immediately following the to "pull" the target toward the caster; in either case, the caster must concentrate on the object they wish to summon in order for the charm to succeed. The caster doesn't necessarily need to know the location of the target if they say the name of the object to be summoned.

Arresto Momentum (ah-REST-oh mo-MEN-tum) - Used to decrease the velocity of a moving target; it should be noted that it can be used on multiple targets, as well as on the caster himself.

Arrow Shooting Spell (NO INCANTATION KNOWN) - Shoots arrows from the caster's wand.

Ascendio (ah-SEN-dee-oh) - Lifts the caster higher into the air.

Episky (ee-PISS-key) - used to heal minor injuries like broken bones and repairing cartilage.

        Expecto Patronum - (ecks- PECK-toh pah-TROH-numb) - This charm is a defensive spell which will conjure a spirit-like incarnation of their positive emotions to defend against dark creatures; it can also send messages to other witches or wizards. It seems one's Patronus will take the form of something important to the caster, and can change when one has undergone a period of heightened emotion.

Expelliarmus (ecks-PELL-ee-are-mus) - Causes whatever the target is holding to fly out of their hand.

Hover Charm (NO INCANTATION KNOWN) - Causes the target to float in mid-air for a brief period of time.

Immoblus (eem-oh-bue-les) - Renders living targets immobile.

Impedimenta (im-ped-ih-MEN-tah) - This jinx is capable of tripping, freezing, binding, knocking back and generally impeding the target's progress towards the caster. The extent to which the spell's specific action can be controlled by the caster is unclear.

Mobilicorpus (MO-bil-ee-COR-pus) - Levitates and moves bodies.

        Phoenix rolled out of bed with an excited grin plastered on her face. She was the first one awake and got dressed quickly, wanting to get the day over with so that she could go home with Harry. "Why are you so chipper?" Elsa asked in a state of dazed sleep.

          "I'm going home with Harry for the summer and we're going to play pranks on our aunt and uncle." Phoenix said, bouncing slightly.

          Elsa smiled and shut her eyes again. "Good for you, Phoenix." Phoenix grinned and bounded down the hallway into the common room. She sighed happily and hurried out the Slytherin dorm. Incidentally, she ran into Professor Snape.

        "Professor, I apologize. I wasn't watching where I was going." Phoenix said smiling.

        "You seem to be in a good mood," Professor Snape pointed out, "did Harry say that you were able to stay with him?" Phoenix nodded happily. "I'm glad to hear it. But my offer still stands. If being with the Dursley's doesn't work out, send me an owl." Snape said.

        Phoenix nodded, "Well, I better be off to the library. I need to pick something up before breakfast." Snape nodded and stepped aside so Phoenix could get past.