Chapter 12

Krista's birthday is right around the corner and Liz is requesting a weeks vacation to go down to Florida. Liz packs her bags and brings basically her whole entire closet. She has always been an overpacker.

When Liz arrives in Central Florida, she goes directly to the zoo to surprise Krista. It is a complete surprise that Liz came back.

Liz called Tiffany and asked her to set up a tour with Krista. This way, Krista will think that she is giving a woman a tour, when really it will be Liz.

After renting a car, Liz drives to the zoo. She is anxiously waiting to see her best friend. It has been many, many months since they have seen each other.

Before she knew it, Krista walks up behind her.

"Liz?" Krista asks, shocked.

"Kris!" Liz hollers.

"Oh my God, come here!" she shouts, throwing her arms around Liz and hugs her.

"Oh, it's so good to see you!"

"Liz, what are you doing here?" Krista asks.

"I came down for your birthday."

"Well, how about I finish up work and I will meet you back at my house?"

"Is it unlocked?"

"Nick should be there. Oh, I don't have any tea or coffee."

"I will stop at the coffee shop on my way. Would you like something?"

"No, thank you. I'll call Nick and tell him that you're coming."

Krista hugs Liz one more time before they go their separate ways. It was pretty difficult for Liz to drive to the coffee shop because she completely forgot her ways around Central Florida. She has to pull over and use the GPS that is on her cell phone.

The GPS helps navigate Liz to the coffee shop. She walks in line and looks over the menu. Getting her usual, Liz orders a skinny caramel macchiato.

"Pike Place Roast, nonfat milk with no sweetener!" the clerk yelled out.

Out of everyone Liz knew in Florida, there was only one person she knew who orders Pike Place Roast Coffee. That person was Matthew. Do I even dare to turn around? She asks herself.

Without having any time to think, he walks up to her and asks, "Excuse me, miss?"

Liz turns around and her heart leaps into her throat.

"Elizabeth?" Matt asks, stunned.

"Hello, Matthew."

"Wow, you haven't changed a bit," he says smiling down to her.

"And you! You look absolutely wonderful," she replies.

They gaze into each other's eyes as the woman behind the counter shouts, "Skinny Caramel Macchiato!"

Liz jumps and receives her coffee.

"You still drink the same thing," Matt whispers.

"And so you you."

"Would you....uh....would you care to take a seat?" Matt asks.

"I would love to," Liz answers as the two grab a booth.

"So, Liz. What are you doing down here?" Matt asks.

"It's Krista's birthday tomorrow, so I decided to take a week off and come down."

Their conversation gets interrupted by Matthew's cell phone.

"Oh, it's Melanie," Matt whispers.