Part 2: The day after the party...

I wake up and look at the clock by the bedside table, its 6:00 am, I have to get ready. As I turn to get out of bed I feel an arm pulling me back, its Derek. My hand goes to his, OMG! What did I do? Slowly I creep out of bed, and then the events of last night replay in my mind. Me crying over stupid Nathan , Derek being there and I needing comfort, the amazing way we moved and him telling me that he loves me, WHAT!? That can’t be right, it was probably something he said so that I wouldn’t feel hurt or used. But I wouldn’t have anyways. I am going to let him rest, I know I am a coward but I just can’t face him right know I feel wrong.

I leave him a note on the pillow and slip into my house. I take a hot shower to calm my nerves and jump out. I grab a pair of matching underwear and a black mini skirt and purple tank, adding some heels and slip off to school. It’s now 7:15. Class doesn’t start for another 15 mins. I go to my locker and grab my books. I am so early that I’m the first one in class. I don’t care I just need time to think, my stomach grumbles and I remember that in my rush to get away I didn’t eat. Some guy walks in with a pack of pop tarts. He's pretty cute too.

"Hey" I smile

"Sup babe" he says cocky

"Whatever I didn’t eat do you mind if I take one" I smile sweetly.

"Sure, I’m always willing to help a beautiful girl" he smiles

"Thanks" I take one and eat it before class starts.

*******************************************

Derek's P.O.V

I wake up to an empty bed, where is she? I thought that after that wonderful night and me telling her how I feel that I would wake up to that angelic face, with her blue eyes shining and her blonde hair a mess, and those lips begging for a kiss. Then I would kiss her and we would be happy, but no all she left me was a note.

-Derek

I'm sorry that I just left like that 

I feel so stupid and last night was amazing but you’re my brother's 

Best friend...I’m confused I need to think...

See you at school 

-Love Annabel xoxo

Doesn’t she recall the moment I told her I loved her. Should I just tell her how I feel knowing I’m her brother's best friend, I can take care of her if she lets me. I want to be her everything being there for her always. I look towards the clock and notice I’m late and just sit there pondering. I get up hastily and go home to change.