17 - Resonnate

No man is an island, Entire of itself...

Each man's death diminishes me,
For I am involved in mankind.
Therefore, send not to know
For whom the bell tolls,
It tolls for thee.  

                                               John Donne 1572-1631 For Whom the Bell Tolls

Resurrection arises out of loss. In my life, the deeper the sense of loss, the greater the wonder I feel at the reality of resurrection. But it is the resurrection that I seek. My task is not to lose, but to find. And be amazed and strengthened at everything I find. Or am given to find.

When the bell tolls that one sad note for a funeral, it reverberates. 

Loss, like the tolling of the massive metal bell, sends out waves to touch those who do and who don't listen. Pain reverberates outwards. We all feel it. 

Energy does not die.

These days special cameras can capture the electromagnetic waves our bodies give out. When we are grieving, those attuned will feel it. When we are near those who have a capacity for peace and healing, we can feel it. 

Often those who grieve are also those who heal. We are not simply one or the other. We are all part of the whole.

Energy does not die. Healing energy does not die. Healing energy cleanses and transforms.

In the stone age, wisdom allowed the singing of a holy song. The song that was right for that time. They carved it on the wall at Newgrange in Ireland, the exact sound wave that the moon illuminated reverberating in the dusty air. So we can hear it still.

Find your note for now. Sing your song. Sing to grow. Sing to heal. Sing your peace until your peace sings you. Until you are the one who carries peace. And your energies heal.

Our task is not to lose, but to find and find and find. Through the tears. Find and give. And give thanks.