Moon Festival

Leah and Romulus couldn't believe how three days passed. The two helped the city get ready for the Moon Festival. The werewolves who were part of the Mate Hunt had their mates nearby. The newly mated males feared for the safety of their mates. Romulus and the other males knew unmated males would try to get close to their mates. 

Some guards would walk about the city streets to protect the human females. Fortunately, there wasn't trouble. Leah helped the other women to prepare for the festival. It was a lot of hard work, but she enjoyed being out of the house, which kept her mind occupied. She still thought about her family, but a festival lit up the mood for her and everyone. The werewolves enjoyed working with one another.

Within three days, everything was set. The festival would begin at 6 pm, and the city was bustling with excitement. Romulus was in the restroom, leaving Leah to change in privacy. Although Leah stayed with him for a while, he still slept in the guest room since he didn't want to make her uncomfortable. He hoped that Leah would soon accept him so he could sleep beside her. 

He finished combing his hair and looked at his reflection. He wore a long-sleeved dark red buttoned shirt with a couple of top buttons undone. He also wore black dressy pants with dressy shoes. His dark hair was nicely combed and slicked back; he also had mild cologne. Romulus walked out toward the living room. "Leah, we must leave! Are you almost done changing!?"

"I'm coming!" he heard her respond. Romulus listened to the door opening, closing and soft footsteps coming downstairs. When he saw her, his breath was taken away.

Leah wore the dress that he bought her. She put her hair in a nice bun and wore a necklace that he also bought her. "You look beautiful."

She blushed. "Thanks, you look good too."

Romulus smiled and returned to the kitchen, holding a crown of flowers made of white roses. "I made this for you. When a male werewolf finds his mate in the moon festival, he makes her something special; I hope you like it." He walked over to her and put the flower crown on her head.

"It's beautiful. Thank you, Romulus." She touched the crown. Romulus extended his hand, she gladly accepted, and both walked out of the home. The village was dark; only torches of fire lit the streets. Many couples left their homes and went into the woods surrounding this village. The main event would be by the waterfalls, where the council would make a speech. Romulus, Leah, and other couples walked deeper and deeper within the trees of the dark woods.

There was a faint light, and as they all got closer and closer, they could see more people dancing or sitting near a large fire. Children ran and played. She felt Romulus holding onto her hand tightly. "Remember, stay by my side." Leah was silent but nodded. Both walked to the festivities. Romulus introduced her to more couples that she never had the chance to meet and speak to. He then led her to the tables holding food and drinks for the guests. Different types of meats, fruits, salads, soups, and various beverages existed.

Leah and Romulus got their plates and put on the food they wanted. With their plates full, the couple sat by another who was eating and conversing. A group of men was playing music. It was music she had never heard before, but it was soothing. Many couples were dancing with one another.

Leah finished her plate but still felt hungry. "I'm going to get more food. Do you want any more?"

Romulus nodded. "I would appreciate it."

The young woman got his plate and went back to get more food. Once she got what she needed, Leah was heading back. As she got closer, she bumped into a man by accident. "I'm sorry, I didn't see where I was going." She looked up at the man, and the man looked at her.

"What is your name?" he asked.

"Leah, and yours?"

"I am Remus; nice to meet you."