Leah

Leah POV

Rome is charming. It has been so long since I came here. I am twenty years old and a university student. I am studying history, my favorite subject.

I was born in Rome, but my parents decided to go to the United States for job opportunities. My maternal Grandmother stayed behind. I can't blame her; I would probably feel the same thing.

My Grandmother and I grew very close. I am her only grandchild. I have been told that I looked like my Grandmother when she was younger. I guess it's in the family.

As a child, I remember that she and I would have little picnics on the hills and the stories she would tell me. The stories were usually about mythology, which I truly enjoyed. She also used to tell me stories of the paranormal and legends, especially werewolves. Stories about werewolves have always intrigued me. I always considered their stories and legends, but my Grandmother always told me they were true.

I asked her if she ever witnessed a werewolf. She would be quiet and would always change the subject. I always got curious, and my Grandmother motivated me to study history.

I didn't visit for four years because I had to work and attend school. Now I have the opportunity to visit my Grandmother and Rome. I need to get away from the stressors in life. 

I left the airport, rented a car, and am now driving to my Grandmother's town. Not much has changed, and I am happy about that. I went by many grassy hills, mountains, little cities, and other villages. This setting was different from the US. The cities are crowded, but the countryside was a different scene: fresh air and environment. My Grandmother's town is old, and she said it dates back to the tenth century. I like that people live in such an essential piece of history.

About an hour later, I got to the trail that led to my Grandmother's town. The road is filled with dirt and rocks, but I don't mind. As I went through the path, I got to the city. The town is filled with houses made of wood, but the wood looks new and robust. A few older people are seen sitting outside their homes or speaking with one another. Usually, there are more elderly than young people, but there are a decent amount of people. I drove through many homes but got to a particular house I knew. I parked and got off. I slowly walked towards the house, and the door opened before I got to the door.

It was my Grandmother.