Reality

Leah was held on Romulus' shoulders as he ran far from the village. She had never felt so much fear in her entire life. Shock filled her being, and her mind couldn't accept that werewolves existed. If she told others of her experience, they would call her crazy. It was reality, her reality. The village was far away, and Leah noticed she and the werewolf were in mid-air. The young woman screamed, and Romulus, in his werewolf form, flinched as he heard Leah screaming. 

However, he knew he couldn't stop making her feel comfortable. There was still a possibility that other competitors would try to steal Leah away from him. Romulus glanced behind; the village was far away, and he felt victorious. 

.....................................

Romulus POV

I never felt so alive! I finally have my mate in my arms! I have the moon goddess to thank. Yet, I know she will have many questions, and I will answer them. My biggest fear is that she will try to escape and fear me. I waited so long for her and will not let her leave me. I would die before I'd let that happen.

We were near the waterfall, but I decided it was best to know my mate. As I ran, I could hear the screams of women. I knew many were kidnapped and taken away from their families and homes. This year, many werewolves are at the age of almost becoming infertile. The werewolves would take drastic measures to keep their mates and have the family they wanted. My father and many of my ancestors have done it, too.

My mother was a human from a town, and it was time for the Mate Hunt. My father smelled her scent and took her. My father told me how much my mother hated him and tried hard to escape. However, it is difficult for them to flee once females are taken into the werewolf society. If they did, they would be found and killed so that they wouldn't reveal the secret of our home. 

My father waited patiently for my mother to fall for him. It took two years, and she slowly began accepting her new life. My mother eventually became pregnant with me, but she died giving birth to me; my father was heartbroken. He still raised me until I turned sixteen. However, the pain of losing my mother was too much on him. 

He committed suicide. 

I was heartbroken that I lost my parents, but for a werewolf, losing a mate is like losing oneself. 

I stopped on top of a rocky hill, which would make it impossible for her to escape. I let her down. She moved away but stopped when she realized her situation. She looked at me. "P-Please don't hurt me!"

I looked at my mate, and I couldn't help but be mesmerized by how beautiful she was. My mate was such a natural beauty. It hurt me when she thought that I would hurt her. I would never do such a thing. I was still in my werewolf form, and it made sense why she would think I would hurt her. I turned my back to her and began to change into my human form.

Once I turned, I saw a blush forming on her face. I only wore shorts, but the rest of my body was noticeable. I chuckled. "What is your name?" My mate was silent and shocked. "I know that all of this is a shock to you, but I will explain everything to you soon. As you know and saw, I am a werewolf. We do exist, but we live in secrecy, so humans don't hunt or use us for their own selfish needs. So please, tell me your name."

"L-Leah..." she whispered. 

"Leah. Beautiful name. I am Romulus; I am so happy to meet you." I felt my heart beat with happiness and excitement. "I am so happy and grateful to have a mate like you."

This made Leah flinch, and her eyes widened. "M-Mate? Wh-What are you talking about?"

I sighed. I knew what I would say next would be difficult for her to accept. However, patience is what I needed. "As you heard. You are my mate. My love. M.I.N.E. That's reality."

We were silent, and I waited for her to say anything. She slowly put her hands on her head. "What the hell!?"