The Carnival

I woke up somewhat early on Sunday by my own will. I was excited to go to the carnival with Takashi today. I looked at the clock there was a still good hour or so before he'd come to pick me up. I got up and ran the comb through my hair quickly. I pulled out a baggy shirt and some brightly coloured pants and chucked them on quickly. I then put some shoes on and walked down stairs.

My mother looked at me with the oh so familiar face which mean 'really, you're wearing that?'

Before she said anything I spoke. "Ma, we're going to a carnival. I'm not wearing some fancy crud only to get dirty." When I told her about Takashi and my plans for the day she fauned over our young love and made the biggest fuss of the century. I swear sometimes she's just like Tamaki.

"I know dear but don't you think you could have found something better to wear. Something that isn't so... Boyish..."

"I like dressing like this mother and you know this, just let me be please." I sighed walking over to the fruit bowl where fresh fruit was placed and eaten from every day. I grabbed an apple and walked outside to see my dog. I remember the time Haruhi was kidnapped by those Lobelia girls, Tamaki made a racket over him. Well that's what my mother said anyway.

It was such a lovely day out and I couldn't wait for Takashi to turn up. I'd never actually been to a carnival before and even if I had the chance it would have been with my father and mother which wasn't really appealing to me at all. I never had any friends after I started my career, I only had opponents and fans.

Some people claimed that they couldn't be friends with me because I was so dangerous and I scared them. I didn't care much though. My father wouldn't allow me to spend much time with people as it was. I had a strict schedule to stick to and there was 'no time for friends' as I recalled it. Not to mention 'friends are temporary and of zero importance' I remembered my father saying one time.

I'd finished eating the apple while pondering about all things past as I sat in a chair out the back in the calming sun. My dog came over and sat by my side, nuzzling his nose into my palm in which I lazily allowed to dangle.

I sat for a few more minutes until the doorbell rang through the house. I bounced up out of the chair and dashed inside. I slowed down coming to the entry and walked over to where my mother was standing talking to Takashi.

"There you are (y/n), off you go, go and have fun you two." She began shoving me out the front door into Takashi rambling on at us to make sure we have a good time. It was odd. "Bye bye deary." She waved as she closed the door.

"She seems enthusiastic." Takashi said as we both looked at the closed door in disorientation.

"Yeah, she's been acting a bit funny lately. I don't know why though. Come on, let's go." I pulled him by the hand into the car that for once wasn't a limo rather a simple black car. We got in the backseat and the driver took off.