Chapter 6 - Inevitability

Chapter 6

Words of profanity circulated the room as the dancers and I were arguing, which would have continued for up until 5 more minutes if the person I feared the most right now didn’t intervene.

“Would the lot of you shut the fuck up?” she shouted.

I flinched and almost wet my pants. Just hearing that voice makes me want to hang myself in the classroom with a red card on my feet saying my goodbyes and apologies, but that won’t happen now because she might claw my eyes out anyway.

I looked behind and stared at Francine’s eyes glaring right at mine. I thought that she sat at the other side already?!

“Hey, Fran-…” I trailed off.

“Hey, Lorenz” she said with a smile.

Surprisingly, she didn’t slap me. Did I do something good? Was catching them a blessing in disguise? She still has a hickey on her neck, probably a mark that Russell left. Speaking of Russell, he was not beside me anymore; in fact, he was nowhere to be found. That’s weird.

“What’s up, Francine?” I asked.

“Oh, nothing special. I’m just trying to stop myself from slapping a bitch so I could graduate this year and fulfill my dreams. I don’t stoop my level down just for those kinds of people.”

My eyes widened and I felt shivers down my spine. I guess that was my time to stop talking to her.

“Oh, that’s… nice.” I stuttered and added, “Well, there’s our teacher, I guess it’s time to listen to her discussion.”

As I moved towards my notebook, I heard the chuckling from that brunette guy I was arguing with earlier.

“Is there something wrong or are you still choking on that dick that you sucked the other night?”

He stopped and coughed, but I felt that he couldn’t contain his laughter so he started bursting out. The teacher looked at him and told him to be quiet. He stopped for a bit, but he was still chuckling and he suddenly changed characters and said, “Hey, you’re pretty funny. I’m sorry about earlier.”

“Um… It’s all good? Now, may I ask your name?”

He smiled at me and jokingly said “The most beautiful creature on Earth.”

I suddenly made barfing noises which made him laugh again and he took back what he said.

“Fine. I’m Alex.”

“Lorenz. It’s nice to meet you.”

I smiled back at him. I guess he’s not that bad of a person. He’s just a bit sassy sometimes; well, probably most of the time, but it’s tolerable. I’m just as sassy, or maybe I’m sassier. We ignored each other for the next couple of minutes as discussion was going on, when suddenly the other dancer suddenly sat in between us and started taking pictures of the board.

“I think that I’m more interesting than the discussion.” I said to her.

“Um… No, I think that I’m far more enticing than you.” Alex suddenly negated.

I stared at him blankly then we laughed and he said, “Fine, besides that…” He looked at the blonde girl between us and pertained to her, “Who said that you could suddenly stand here, peasant?”

“Excuse you! I’m the ever beautiful Jordan, and I’m the eternal queen.”

Once again, I just blankly stared at both of them and I couldn’t help saying, “Are all the people in this school that conceited?”