Chapter 3 - Dissonance

Chapter 3           

“Umm… Hi?”

I may be one of the sassiest and most obnoxious people in the entire world, I’m actually really shy. I don’t like being judged. I’m like a glass that’s sharp, but I can crack easily. Damn, that’s deep. Deeper than the slut-next-door’s vag.

Once we got to the cafeteria, Jean introduced me to her friends.

“Hello…?” A stout, ginger girl said.

“Lorenz.” I replied.

“Nice to meet you, I’m Charlene.” She finished her sentence upon knowing my name. I shook her hand and smiled at her, then a short, brunette girl stood up to come up to me and hug me. I was shocked as she whispered, “Hi, I’m Tanya.”

Her voice sent a shiver down my spine as she hugged me tight. She let go of me and she held my hands together and said, “I hope that we would get to know each other more. I would be glad to tour you around school.”

I felt myself stiffen and my eye wanted to twitch

“Lord, help me.” I thought but I just shrugged it away and said, “Nice to meet you as well.”

She winked at me as she walked away and my eyes locked with the next person I was about to meet. God, Jean had a lot of friends. I could get rid of Jean and take her friends for myself if they like me. Cue the manic laughter. Oh, my jokes scare me sometimes.

As I was approaching the next girl, the bell rang. Dang, did I take that long just to fix my things and arrive here. If Justin didn’t bother me while I was fixing my shit, then I wouldn’t have taken a long time. I didn’t notice that my mouth was wide open ready to speak, then it hit me. Or should I say, she hit me.

Jean slapped me hard across the face.

“Ouch! What was that for, you bi-…” I received another slap before I finished my sentence.

“Jesus, woman.” I groaned and added, “What’s your problem?”

“It’s disrespectful to open your mouth wide just because a woman is really pretty.”

My eyes grew wide by her assumption and I looked for the girl that I was about to greet. I wasn’t even able to look at her fully yet Jean had to slap me hard.

“Don’t do that! No, Renz, no.”

“Okay, sorry. Sheesh. What was the other slap for, huh?” I snapped at her

“Oh, that’s for almost calling me a bitch.”

“You cu…”

She crossed her arms and looked at me sternly while she raised one of her eyebrows.

“Never mind. This is why I love you a lot, Jean, even though it’s the first day we ever saw each other.”

I rolled my eyes and she smiled at me.

“I love you too, Renz. Now, get your ass back to class, or would you prefer to skip with me to go to the mall?”

“No, thank you. What class do you have anyway?”

“Religious studies.”

“Now I get why you’re skipping.”

“Because it’s boring as hell?” she asked.

“No, because your soul burns while the teacher is discussing. Get back to the hell hole you came from, spawn of Satan.” I said and I laughed out loudly.