LEAF 70... CELEBRATING 70 YEARS OF INDEPENDENCE...

@LEAF 70...

@AFTER 2 MONTHS
@CHAWL
@BALCONY OF O & S HOUSE

Saumya: So what are your plans now Rudra.
Rudra: Saumya I am taking the scholarship of London.
Saumya sadly: Why?
Rudra: So that in future nobody says that your husband is useless.
Saumya: Okay.
Rudra nods and smiles sheepishly: So you agree.
Saumya: Ya.
And then finally Rudra's words register in her mind and she looks at him shockingly while he leaves smiling at her. Saumya cover her face in shyness.

@ 18 YEARS LATER
@INDEPENDENCE DAY

The day glows with sun shining near the horizon, the breeze blowing swiftly and dancing along the rays of sun. Birds chirping and calling their loved ones. The entire atmosphere filled with the melodious songs sung by birds.
The sun brightens a beautiful mansion the words imprinted on them
"O S M HOUSE".

Yes they earned their name and fame back but with their hard work taking along with them that every single person who supported them in their tough time. First they built a building having flats for everyone from the Chawl in which they once lived with the help of government.

The camera focuses at a dimly lit rom sunshine touches a calm, composed and beautiful face.

"Next what happened mumma" the girl voices her words.
"Take some rest Baccha you have a long day to go." Replied her mother.
"No mumma I really want to know what happened with that Khorana and Kuber."
"They lost the battle that day itself Kastuki." Said the ever so calm yet impactful voice of her father.
"Still they should have been punished". Came the enraged words of Kastuki.
"Sometimes life is the biggest punishment. But yes they went to jail but that never matters to me."
"You can't be that kind to those demons Ishi ma." The girl retaliated the thought.
"Almost burning him wasn't kindness Baccha."
"Still."

ShivIka, IshKara and RuMaya were narrating their life story to their lovely daughter Kastuki (Shivaay & Anika's daughter), this curious head couldn't afford to sleep till the story reaches the climax.

Kastuki: Will change ever come or this will continue.
Anika: Change... Umm... Change is the law of nature and till hope is there one day change may come.
Kastuki: But how?
Saumya: Same question and answer, you know it well Kastu.
Kastuki: But Meher mom doesn't miss her dad, does she really hates him.
Shivaay: Do you think your buddy hates Kuber uncle.
Kastu nods in no: No I have seen him missing his father many times.
Shivaay: Right no matter it's a girl or a boy every child loves their parent equally we can never hate them but at times it's hard to forgive them too.
Kastuki: One more thing.
Rudra: Do it fast Kastu I am feeling sleepy you have made us sit on strike since night.
Kastu: Rudy pa please. Has India changed over years.
Om: You will know that soon. Now off to your bed.

Kastuki nods as the clock strike 5 in the morning she retires to bed unwillingly the sleep was miles away and her mind completely engrossed in the thoughts of the story she just herd. Soon sleep overtakes her.

@SCHOOL

Kastuki: "INDEPENDENCE DAY" the name itself gives us a reason to celebrate but do we really deserve it. I am proud to be an Indian, yes we all are. But is my nation proud to have me is the most unexpected and unasked question. Waking up every morning and reading the news of a drowning India and reprimanding and cursing the government is the most easiest and time saving job. "CHANGE" is one thing which all of us want but the effort required in bringing it is the end of our thought process only.
INDIAN ARMY when ever the name or word comes on our lips our head automatically rises with pride. No person ever dear say a word against them. The only reason is how much ever corrupt our country be but we have blind faith over them because they have earned it through their unstoppable struggle and never ending love for their nation. They truly define the word eternal love the love for their nation is the most supreme one.
Why only it's them that make the independence day worth. Reason we all know but always fail to acknowledge it. Yes, one day things will change that's the faith of every Indian I too hope the same. When the tricolour will be proud of us. The change will come the day when we INDIANS NOT ONLY ACKNOWLEDGED OUR RIGHTS BUT ALSO OUR DUTIES TOWARDS OUR NATION. We have zero potential to pay back to the BRAVE HEARTS still as a token of thanks to the INDIAN SOLDIERS we should ensure them that if they protect our country at the border we will secure their nation from inside. No army officer every even thinks that the ammunitions that he holds for his country one day he will use them against his own nation men but we force them when we open up for inter community riots. The army officers protect us without even knowing us, they consider every Indian girl as their sister and every Indian boy as their brother then why many fail to protect their sisters. If not for anyone let's do it for OUR ARMY, OUR NAVY AND OUR AIR FORCE LET'S STAND UP TO PROTECT OUR NATION WHEN THEY DO THE SAME AT BORDER. LET'S BE SELFLESS AS THEM.
May no child in this nation ever yearn for a change and when OUR ARMY HEARS ABOUT THE CIVILIANS THEN THEY COULD ALSO RAISE THEIR HEAD WITH SAME PRIDE AND ENTHUSIASM THAT WE CIVILIANS DO ON HEARING THEIR NAME.