Chapter Six ~ You're not my Mother

Chapter six

Sierra’s POV

I rubbed my temples, letting it sink in, mum was coming to stay? This was going to be a nightmare. I had only been living with the boys for four days now, and somehow mum found out about it. She insisted that she come and stay for the afternoon. I bit my bottom lip, I wasn’t looking forward to this moment, my mum and I never really got along, I sat on my bed, my head in my hands. Cassidy was outside, playing with Harry. Someone knocked on the door, a soft husky voice filled the room, “you okay sierra?” I turned to face Liam. He smiled a reasussring smile, I grinned, then it fell off my face and sunk through the ground. He sat next to me, “what’s the matter?” I gnawed on my bottom lip; he started to rub my back, making circular motions.

I took in a shaky breath, “I’m just nervous about seeing my mum, this afternoon. I mean, what will happen? Does she still hate me? Will we ever get along?” tears threatened in my eyes. One escaped and rolled down my cheek, Liam wiped it away with his thumb, I leaned my head on his shoulder, letting those tears escape me. “I am so weak.” I muttered, “You’re not weak, you have just simply been strong for too long.” I looked up at him, he was so understanding, I kissed him on the cheek, “thanks Liam.” I stood up and went into the bathroom to clean myself up. I looked at the clock; it was four thirty in the afternoon. She would be here in half an hour, of course knowing mum, she insisted on taking public transport. I chomped down on my bottom lip, feeling nervous, butterflies were in my stomach.

I applied eyeliner, trying to take my mind off things, but it wasn’t working out so far. Cassidy came into the bathroom, grass in her hair and dirt on her dress. I sighed re-dressing her, then re doing her hair. “There, you look stunning!” I said to her as she did a twirl in her dress. I took her downstairs, just as the doorbell rang, I cussed, but making sure that Cassidy didn’t hear it. Someone else grabbed my hand, giving it a gentle squeeze, letting me know that everything was alright. I looked up at Louis, he beamed at me, “It’s going to be fine sierra!” he whispered, then let go of my hand as Harry came down the stairs. I pursed my lips, hoping that Louis would’ve continued to hold my hand, I was so anxious. The other boys came down the stairs; we walked to the front door. Harry opened the door to be greeted with a woman giving him a bone-crushing hug, I turned to look at Louis, but he and the others were silently sneaking off. I opened my eyes wide at him, then the woman cried out “OH, here are the rest of the lot! How are you boys?” they smiled and replied in perfect unison.

“Well we best be off!” Niall chimed, “nice to see you again!” I grabbed Louis’ hand and hissed “where are you going!” he smiled evilly “out.” I glared at him, then let go of his hand, “bye!” I turned to face mum, but she wouldn’t even make eye contact with me. I groaned, this was going to be a long afternoon.

*******************************

We sat at the dining table, mum was asking about how Harry was going, all that boring shit. I looked at Cassidy, she just sat there bored, I whispered to her, “why don’t you go upstairs and play?” she jumped down from her chair and ran upstairs. Mum turned to me, “well now that she’s gone, I can ask you…” Harry gave me a look; I knew what was coming, “what were you thinking! Running away! I can see you have borne a child! You are a disgrace to this family! Why couldn’t you be like your brother! Why did you leave us? You’re just selfish!” I tightened my jaw, she raved at me, calling me selfish, but then it was the final straw when she called me a whore. “MOTHER! WILL YOU JUST SHUT UP!” I cried out, “You think I ran away out of pure selfishness! You’re wrong! And I didn’t give birth to Cassidy! Seriously! She is eight years old! EIGHT BLOODY YEARS OLD! Do you even remember how old I am? I am eighteen! Why, I am not a whore! I never slept with anyone because I wanted to! I was raped! ALSO! I ran away for Harry’s sake! See, you were struggling when you had to feed the both of us, well I thought, that if I ran away, you’d have one less mouth to feed. Then Harry could survive! You’re the only selfish one here!”