Prologue

Lost and Found

Prologue

I glared long and hard at the posters, he was always the lucky one, always, mum always loved him more, that is one of the reasons I left home. I opened my backpack, still death staring my brother. I pulled out my spray paint cans; I shook it toughly, and then sprayed a thick black splotch over my brothers face. I heard sirens, I pulled my hoodie up, and they already want me for graffiti and minor robberies. But that was when I wasn’t making the money I wanted to, when I first ran away at the age of fourteen, I counted quickly, I have been living out on the streets for four years! I drew a giant moustache on his blonde friend. I took one look at one of them; he had a tanned body, nice hair, blue eyes. He was cute I guess, but honestly, if he is a friend of my brothers, then he must be a jerk too. 

To think, my brother must have a hell of a life, one minute he has a younger sister who ran away, then the next, he is bloody famous, girls crawling all over him. Me? Poor little me, selling drugs to bad people, who try to take advantage of me, doing graffiti and stealing food from stores. Little me, living in a cardboard box, in an old abandoned factory, with over twenty other people. We all work for the same man, he is called, “Big Teddy.” He is working with a group of people; his job is to get young exploited people to sell his drugs, sometimes taking advantage of them, girls or boys. I pulled a sour face, I could still see remnants of his curly hair, I sprayed it over and over again, till his entire silhouette was black. 

I dropped my spray can in disgust and walked away, hoping never to see that damn poster again. They were all over London. I kicked the can around, my long brown hair tussling in the wind, I made my way back to the factory, as well as other boys and girls, mostly foster kids, or orphans who don’t want to get into the foster system. Some of our girls and boys have been disappearing, I have heard “Big teddy” talking about the police hot on their trials, apparently someone has blabbed, most likely one of the younger ones. As I entered the factory, one of the “senior staff” handed me a bag filled with ice and weed. I pulled a face, I hated this stuff, but I needed the money, big teddy pays us about ten bucks per kilo we sell. I also have to care for the youngest one here, she warmed up to me, and I guess I have warmed up to her. 

She didn’t have a name, so everyone who lives here agreed to call her Cassidy, Casey for short. I also had to feed her little mouth, she wasn’t old enough to go sell drugs to other men and women, well she could, but I won’t let her. “SIERRA!” a small body crashed into me, she was sobbing, “DON’T GO PLEASE!” she bawled into my hip, I held her close, then squatted down to her size, she was only eight, and I knew if she went out into those harsh streets, she would be hurt, I have before, and I didn’t want it happening to my little angel. “now, Casey, I will be back in time for supper tonight okay? I’ve just got to do my job, so I can feed your little tummy as well as mine, okay sweetie?” Casey nodded her small head, she crushed me with a hug, I hugged her back promising that I would be back in time. 

She decided to believe me, I was like a second mother to her, I had been caring for her for more than over two years, her mother had been working with us, but then got caught by the police, no one was going to take care of her, and so I said I would. I left the factory, looking around, suspecting that any second now; the police would jump out and arrest me. I ventured down the dark alleyways, stopping at my spot; it was one of the best you could get. In less than ten minutes, a fat bald man came up to me, “uhhh,” he stuttered, “you got the dope?” I nodded my head slowly, “how much?” I stated my price, he nodded and handed over the money, I counted the bills, checking to see if he hadn’t tried to cheat me out of money, “you’re missing a ten honey,” I hissed, he jumped, and reached out and handed me the ten, I then handed over the weed.

He slipped it into his crotch area, the usual place and walked off to go smoke it. I leaned against the dirty wall and propped my leg up on it, my knee sticking out. Waiting for some more people to come along, looking for the kick in their life. The whole time I thought about Casey, knowing that one day she’ll have to do the same job as me, I had vowed to myself, to save up and get us an apartment, maybe still be in the business, just till I come clean to the police, but making sure there is enough money for Casey, not that it matters, she’ll be put in a foster home. 

I drawled at the thought of losing Casey, my little sweetie. I started to hum a little tune softly at first, it wasn’t making much sense to me, I do remember it from when I was little, but then, those were happy times, I think it’s the only music I have ever heard, there is no music where I live, not even in the drab streets, maybe sometimes, when dark skinned people drive past with their stereo’s blasting. But then I tune it out, it usually stupid music anyway. “Hey beautiful,” I jumped at the sound of a male’s husky voice. “sorry mate, I only sell drugs, not my body.” I shot back at him, he shook his head “you don’t realise do you?” he whispered in my ear, “I always get what I want.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!

Did you like my first chapter?

First book as well,

Please don’t execute me!

:( haha but no,

Love you all guys!