Chapter 1 : Cuts On His Right Arm

First actual fanfiction. No hate please I still need to improve--------------

Y/N's POV:::

“Hurry! Open the door!” I heard someone say it from outside. I shut my laptop and ran excitedly to the door. As I pull the door open, I saw Liam, Harry, Zayn and Louis with their traveling bags. My (eyecolor) eyes widened and I started hugging them one by one.

“Where’s Niall?” I asked worriedly.

“Well, we met a lot of fans at the airport and Niall needed some rest. Do you want me to get him?” Liam asked.

“No. It’s okay.” I said with a big smile, knowing that they are back home. “You guys can go upstairs and rest for a while.” I suggested as they walk up the stairs.

I went outside, walked to the black SUV and opened the car door. I saw a white supra hanging out and I smiled to myself. I peered inside and I saw Niall, sleeping. His headphones were on and I heard Michael Buble a mile away.

I finally decided to speak up. “Niall?!?” His blue eyes sprang at me and I felt my heart skip a beat.

“(Yourname)!!” He yelled out. His Irish accent is stronger than ever. I missed my best friend so much. I missed him more than the boys...I missed you Niall.

He hugged me really tight and lifted me off the ground. I could smell his cologne as I inhaled. The smell of Armani Mania. “I missed you, (YN).” Niall said as he put me down.

“I missed you too Niall!” I said as different feelings rushed through my heart. “Come on inside, so you can rest as well.”

Niall went straight up to his room after we went inside the house.

“Night Niall! Sweet dreams!” I shouted on the top of my lungs because our apartment is really big.

“Goodnight (YN) !” Niall said in his deep, tired voice.

***

I’m really hungry. I waved at the boys as they leave the apartment to go to Ed Sheeran’s house. Niall didn’t go because he didn’t feel like going. I walked to the kitchen and as I got some strawberries from the refrigerator, as I went pass Niall's room to go to mine, I heard him scream.

"FUCK!"

The door was slightly opened, so I knocked lightly.  

"Niall?" I said in almost a whisper. I heard him shuffling around. please don't be wanking..

"Uhhmm.... (YN) I thought you are with the boys?" he said.

"No....Is everything all right, Nialler?" I said, still cautious, thinking what Niall is doing inside.

"Y-Yeah" Niall yelled. "Yeah, everything's f-fine!"

"All right, that's it. I'm coming in. I don't care if you're nak--" I walked in and froze. my eyes widened in shock. Why, Niall. why do you have to do this. Why are you hurting me by hurting yourself...

"(YN)...." A voice came out from a fragile boy in front of me. His sharp Irish accent suddenly bought me back to reality and I took the scene that was infront of me. Niall. That boy who laughs at every single thing. The boy who doesn't like crying fans. That little innocent leprechaun, holding a blade in his left hand gripping it tightly. I looked at his right arm. It looked like a thousand cuts on his arm. his blood flowing to his white bed sheets

"Niall.....Why?" I said as I approach him. I'm shaking and my voice was trembling. I sat next to him, took the blade from his hand and tossed it across the room. His eyes were glistening from the light -from all the tears. I watched him as tears fell from his glowing blue eyes. Tears fell on his arm. He winced as the salt came in touch with his fresh cuts. His whole body was shaking. He was covered by a white, bloody comforter. and he had no shirt on

"(YN) please don't h-hate me..." He said through his tears. I took his right hand and started grazing my fingertips over his cuts. I felt Niall flinch away from my touch.

"Why do you have to do this, Niall?" I asked him. He looked down in shame. No. He needs to answer my question. HE NEEDS TO.

"Answer me, Niall!!"  I said. And he didn't response. "Fucking answer me!!!" I said as I shake his shoulders. My tone, getting louder and hard. He looked at me as he grabbed my wrists and pulled me close to him

"because I'm not good enough, (YN). I'm not good enough!" he yelled at my face. He wasn't angry. he was hurt.

I stared at his never ending blue eyes, "Stay here" I ran into the bathroom and got towel and a bowl with warm water in it. I came back and put the bowl in the side table, and sat next to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked, still shaking.

I dabbed the towel in the warm water and felt the water soak my hands. I squeeze out the excess water and dabbed it gently on his cuts. I've been waiting for him to wince, but no.

"It doesn't hurt?" I asked, a bit surprised.

"No....not anymore..." I feel my heart clenching. what happened to him?

"What happened, Niall? At the signing? At the airport?" He gulps.

"Nothing." he lied

"you're lying, Niall. I know when you're lying.." I placed my hand on his chin and forced him to look into my eyes "Tell me....I'm here to listen, Niall"

He sighed as he looked down and started playing with his thumbs.  "This fan... she came up to me and handed me a letter" I looked at him, confused as he reaches into his pocket and pulled out a screwed up piece of paper

"Every time I read it, it hurts even more" 

I opened the note and start to read it;

"Dear Niall. I just wanted to say. I love Harry, Liam, Louis, Zayn....but you? What do I think about the ugly, useless, blonde? that brace faced Niall? The fat, Irish kid? who can't sing shit. Honestly, I don't know why you got through X-Factor. You don't deserve to be in One Direction. You don't deserve to go on stage with them. You don't deserve to walk this planet. I don't care what this do to you. You need to go kill yourself. We don't want you here."  Sincerely, Mrs. Styles.

Tears fell from my eyes, knowing that someone hates Niall...Innocent, perfect Niall. I ripped the piece of paper and threw it behind me. I looked at Niall and a tear escaped from his eyes.

"I've been thinking about it (YN)." he said. "I can't do this anymore, they hate me."

I cupped his face in my hands and looked into his eyes. 

"No. There are haters. But do you know how many people are a fan of you? Like, how many people loves you because you're amazing? I love you Niall. I love you because you're beautiful. You're the only one who understands me. The only one who stayed. And because you're my little Irish leprechaun." I rest my forehead against his. And I felt butterflies in my stomach. 

Niall sighed. "I love you (YN)"