Pick Up Lines

1

Merida, Jack and Hiccup have cleaning duties that day. Merida was sweeping the floor, Hiccup was arranging the chairs and Jack was cleaning the black board. But then Jack gave a shout. Both Hiccup and Merida rushed to him.

He said, “Help, Merida, I think something is wrong with my eyes,” and she was filled with fear and worry.

But he just has to add “I just can’t take them off of you.”

Merida rolled her eyes and continued cleaning, and she ignored Jack for the rest of the day.

2

Jack has been looking at his phone for many minutes now. It was their break and they were in the cafeteria.

After more staring and a little clicking he looked at the phone booths and then he said to Merida, “Can I borrow a quarter?”

Merida was startled but asked, “Is something wrong? Do you need to call someone?”

“Yeah” Jack said seriously, “I want to call my mom and tell her I just met the woman of my dreams.“

Merida just stared at him coldly but all their other friends laughed.

3

Jack was assigned to collect their learner’s profile for their laboratory subject so when he asked her for a picture, she willingly gave him one but then he said, “Thank you. I wanted to show Santa what I want for Christmas.”

Merida was annoyed. She thumped Jack on the head and snatched her picture back.

She was even more annoyed when she learned that Eugene and Hiccup – ugh! – are coaching Jack on his journey down the Road of Love (giving him more pick-up lines). Merida declares them traitors for choosing to help Jack since they were only doing it because he is a boy!

4

Jack was staring at Merida again. And Merida didn’t know what to expect. He wasn’t staring at her face like usual. He was staring at her... shoulder?

He approached her and touched her shoulder.

“Oh, those are shoulder blades, I thought they were wings.”

Merida just sighed. This was getting tiring.

5

Merida thinks that it – ugh, the pickup lines – is all over when they are alone, and Jack opens his mouth but immediately closes it, looking away. But he proves her wrong when he lifts his head to smirk and say, “Sorry. You’re so beautiful you made me forget my pickup line.”

+1

Jack had had it. He was not a tolerant guy, he have stretched his patience to almost breaking point that he just accidentally shouted, “Would you just let me love you, you crazy woman?” and “For god’s sake, I might just wanna spend the rest of my life with you!”

And he was surprise that that one worked.

END

AN:

-i just realized (it's about half a day since i posted this). i think i got some (or most) of the pick up lines and scenes from a naruto fanfiction. i'm disclaiming! no plagiarism intended. sorry, sometimes my head gets muddled up and i confuse new ideas from memory. /shot i searched the net and found the fic again, linking it here: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/4171288/2/How-to-Put-the-Bun-in-the-Oven hope you enjoyed reading this imagining Jarida, though. ^^