Extra 02: Usual Argument (Eugene x Rapunzel)

"Eugene Fitzherbert!" Someone suddenly called him and he turned to see one of his classmate in their middle school.

"Rapunzel Corona..." He felt relieved somehow to see her. At least he wasn't alone. Currently, they were on the train on their way to their school. They have exams today and they were running late.

"Are you okay?" Rapunzel asked. "You seemed… distracted."

"Yeah." Eugene said quickly. "Just, I can't…" He tut in disapproval as he shook his phone. "Why is there no service in this train??"

Rapunzel also took out her phone and checked. She shook her head at him and said, "Don't worry too much. We'll get there. I'm sure the teachers will understand if we tell them what happened." She told him.

"We're already late…" Eugene said in defeat. He looked at Rapunzel again and asked, "Aren't you worried?"

"No." Rapunzel said simply.

"At all?" Eugene asked.

Rapunzel laughed. "Everything happens accordingly. It seems we're meant to be late today, so why worry?"

Eugene looked at her in ponder.

---

"It must be nice to live in your world." Eugene said with a sigh.

"What?" Rapunzel said with a laugh, looking at Eugene questioningly. They were currently watching Jack Frost and Merida play--well, have a war using snowballs.

"You're just so carefree…" Eugene said in answer.

"Is this about what happened during hide and seek?" She asked in a teasing tone.

"Shut up about that already." Eugene pouted.

Rapunzel laughed. "Just think of it this way, you--" Eugene glared at her. "Well, it must have happened so we'd all be more close to each other. It's meant to happen in the first place, so no use wishing it didn't happened…" Rapunzel said.

"There you go again with destiny and whatnot." Eugene said, shaking his head with amusement.

"That's how I can be so carefree. Want to be in my world, and then think like me." Rapunzel said, a little smugly.

"I just can't believe in those kinds of things." Eugene said seriously.

"Why not?" Rapunzel asked.

Eugene shrugged. "What happens to you is a product of what you do… of your choices. It's not because of three old ladies weaving a thread or whatever."

"The three fates is a myth."

"Exactly." Eugene cut her. "Destiny, fate… it's a myth…"

"There are things that you can't control. That's fate." Rapunzel insisted.

"No, they're choices made by other people." Eugene retorted.

Rapunzel pouted. "There is such thing as fate… and soul mates. My parents are."

"Your parents chose to love each other. Destiny didn't choose for them." Eugene said.

"It did so." Rapunzel said stubbornly.

"How do you know?" Eugene asked skeptically.

"How do you know it didn't?" Rapunzel asked with a raised brow.

Eugene was about to reply but one of the missile--snowball landed on his face. And for a moment he and Rapunzel forgot their argument as they joined the war--er, snowball fight.