Chapter 17*

"Yang Dragoon! Summon!" Ice said as he pulled out the card of the Yang Dragoon bringing out his card throwing it in mid-air and summoning his black dragon. "Skullbang!" the rat said as it quickly, much faster than anything else, tackled the dragon using its head. RAAAAWWWWWRRRRRRRR!!! it said as it took severe damage.

"Iron Tail!" the rat then pounced in air and began rolling in mid-air. Its tail was growing every spin it was making. "Iron Tail!" Ice threw a card towards Yang thus its tail was growing too. Their tails have crossed thus sparks came and deflected both beasts.

"Dark Retaliation!" Ice commanded as Yang begaln glowing darker and flying faster towards the rat. The rat tried curling up in defense but it was too late for him. The rat took massive pain as the dragon forcefully flew and took out the rat.

The rat then rolled up and commanded, "Static Speed!" it began rolling in super speed thus charging with electricity. It was pacing speed increasing its velocity towards Yang. "Yang! Dark Flame!" the dragon blew off strong black flames to burn and stop the rat but the rat was going fast. Thus electrifying and damaging Yang.

The dragon was tossed closer to us. Thus Yang was weakening. "Yang, can you still hold on?" Ice asked. The dragon stood tall though resisting the pain. "Yang! Full Revival!" Ice placed a card on Yang's skin. Yang recovered from all pain and stood strong.

"Yang! Guillotail!" Ice threw a card onto Yang's tail. It became equipped with the tail thus turning into a spiked ball. The tail turned into a clangy chain. The dragon flew towards the rat and slammed its tail onto the rat. The rat was sent flying.

Ice then dashed towards Yang and commanded, "Change form! Dragon Blade!" The dragon flew high in the air and glowed changing its shape into a sword. Ice came into the scene grabbing the sword and yelling "Dark Brigade!" he forcefully slashed the rat into two halves splitting its body.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" Ice cried. O _ O As a huge hole was made onto the space he was on. The sword floated towards us. Dan picked it up. "Just a little more, we'll get there," I said.

*Dan's sub-POV*

Based on what Cody said, parang hindi na siya ang Cody na masiyahin, angel-spirited. Anlaki ng pinagbago. Parang normal na sa kanya kapag namatay ang mga kaibigan niya. I mean, seriously, what's up with him? The staircase appeared thus we climbed up.

Wait. "Bakit naman may nakaharang na bato dito?!" tanong ko. Inscriptions began appearing saying "What have you accomplished so far?" I looked at June and Cody. Nag-iisip rin sila.

Out of nowhere, I began throwing answers. And the answers I threw were merely the fears we faced. "Let's see..."

(1) fear of snakes - 1st
(2) fear of vampires - 2nd
(3) fear of manticores - 3rd to 6th
(4) fear of our selves - 7th
(5) fear of being locked up - 8th
(6) fear of spiders - 9th
(7) fear of zombies - 10th
(8) fear of fire - 11th
(9) fear of light - 12th
(10) fear of werewolves - 13th
(11) fear of darkness - 14th
(12) fear of heights - 15th
(13) fear of mice - 16th

I kept quiet. Then something tickled my foot. Tumingin ako sa baba... at may kamay na nakahawak na pala... "Dan!" sigaw nina Cody at June nang ako'y hilahin palampas ng bato. Sumakit bigla likod ko sa pagkakahila.