Chapter Twenty-Nine: A New Beginning (Alternate Twist)

(A/N) Hey guys! It's Danielle, so I
haven't written in like 8 months, dayum that's a long time. I'm so sorry, about that. This chapter will not be the best, but I'll try my best. Here is the much long anticipated second part to chapter 29. Btw, I'm writing this chapter on my iPhone so please bear with me! Xx

Zayn's P.O.V

As the boys and I were lifted up while the intro of 'Up All Night' blasted, all I could think of how crazy things have been for the pat two years. Especially my relationship with Danielle, we got together for a short period of time, then Danielle got into the accident and lost her memory, then after that when she finally recovered her memory, I proposed to her in front of thousands of fans just to get my proposal rejected. Then we were separated for two years, as Danielle and Tom were together and I was in hell, but then I met Perrie and everything changed. I thought that I could finally get over Danielle when I started dating Perrie, but the truth is that I never stopped loving her. Then now here we are, finally, back together, this is how it should always be. Always. I'm sure that this is the woman that I want to spend the rest of my life with, but this time I'm going to ask her the right way.

(After MSG concert)

Danielle's P.O.V

I was waiting alongside the other girls for the boys backstage. The show was absolutely incredible and I'm so proud of them.

"Dani!" Lana yelled.

I realized that I spaced out. "Yes love?" I replied.

"Let's go over there! That's where the boys are going to come out of!" Lana replied excitedly. I laughed at her giddiness but smiled because the five of us felt the same way.

The girls and I made our way to the door in which the boys would make their way out. I looked behind me to see that Tom was approaching me with a sad look on his face.

"Hey..." Tom said softly, looking down.

"Hey Tom. Did you enjoy the show?" I asked awkwardly. After everything that has happened between him and I it's hard to talk to him.

"Yeah. I did, the boys were great as usual. But Dani, us, we're not." Tom said, while looking down on the floor sadly.

My heart shattered into a million pieces when I heard the pain in his voice. I grabbed his hand so that he would look at me.

"Hey Tom, no matter what you're always going to be my best friend. I love you and that will never change. Before all the shit that happened, may I remind you, is because of me we were great friends. I will always be here for you when you need me Tom." I said honestly while looking deep into his eyes.

Tom then smiled an honest smile, though there was pain evident in his eyes. He pulled me into his strong arms and embraced me. I smiled and hugged him back.

"Danielle... Thank-you for everything... I'm finally free... You've set me free. But I have to tell you something inportant, it will change your life forever." I pulled away quickly feeling confused.

"Tom what are you talking about?" I asked.

"Danielle, everything that has happened for the past two years has been nothing but a dream. When you rejected Zayn's proposal and I picked you up, we stayed together for six months and you gave me the greatest gift. We have a baby boy named Jacob but I could see that you loved Zayn. One night we got into a huge car accident. I protected you from the impact... You survived... I didn't. I'm just here to protect you, I'm still watching over you from above." He said while to touching my cheek.

"Tom! Stop playing jokes! This isn't funny! You're not dead! And this isn't a dream! I do not have a son! I'm only 18!" I shouted loudly.

Tom looked at me sadly, and put his hands on both sides of my face. "Danielle, I know this is hard to take in. But here I'll prove it to you." Tom waved his arm and everything froze.

"Tom... What..." I said whimpering.

"Danielle, it's time for you to wake up. It's about time I let you go back into the present. It's as if nothing has happened, but you will awake in the coma you were in. I've kept you to myself long enough. Dani, you're the only girl I have ever loved. You need to wake up for our son. He needs you. I am in debt toward Zayn because he took over as the father figure in Jakes life. While you were in the coma, Zayn would take care of Jacob as if it was his own real son. Zayn would always bring Jacob to the hospital to visit you every single day. Jacob really wants to see his beautiful mum awake. Even though Im not there any longer, I know that Zayn will take care of both my son and you. You always will be the one for me. Jacob needs you but most of all Zayn needs you. It's time for me to go and you to wake up, it's been two years since the accident and that I died. I love you princess." He said bending down and capturing my lips into a passionate kiss.

How is this a dream? When I can feel him kissing me with such intensity. I don't want to say goodbye to Tom, no. I kiss him back, wrapping my arms around his neck because it's the last time I'll ever see him.

We both pulled away and I could feel something different happening. Tom smiles at me and kissed my forehead, before stepping away and started to fade away. "No Tom! Don't leave me! No!" But he disappeared, and then...

"NO TOM!" I bolted upright opening my eyes. Everyone around me jumped up out of their seats with wide eyes.

"D-Dani? Baby, you're awake?" I heard the love of my life's voice, I turn my head to see Zayn.

I look around confused to see everyone there, the rest of the boys and girls, and Zayn's and I's family. 'Oh my goodness! Tom wasn't lying, I really was in an accident.' But that means that Tom was...

"WHERE IS TOM!?" I shouted. Zayn quickly went to my side and brought me carefully into his arms.

"Babe, shh... Calm down. I know it's hard to process because you just woke up." Zayn said, while rubbing his hands around my back to soothe me, but it wasn't helping.

I pulled away from Zayn and I yelled, "Don't tell me he's dead! He can't be dead! Tom has to be alive! Where is he!" I sobbed loudly, while everyone around me just looked at me sadly.

Zayn pulled me into his arms once more and this time I just stayed in his comforting embrace. After I calmed down, Lana spoke.

"Danielle, you're a miracle. The doctors said that there was little or no chance at all of you waking up from your coma because the accident was so horrible. But you're a fighter, and I'm so glad that you're back with us!" Lana said while hugging me softly.

I was just so stunned at everything I was hearing, that I was motionless staring at the void of nothing.

The doctors came in and had a shocked yet happy look on their faces. "Miss. Alcantara, you're amazing. We thought that you would remain in a coma forever, but you proved as wrong." I looked at the doctor expressionless and tried to smile, but I failed miserably. The doctors then left.

I was still in such shock and trauma from everything. I hear a little voice call out to me, "Mummy..." I was confused for a second, and then realized it was Jacob, my son.

I turn my head to see Zayn carrying a little toddler who was the spitting image of his dad Tom, in his arms. I felt my heart swell with happiness with the sight of my son. The first time that I saw my son, well after a long time. Zayn walked over to me and placed Jacob in my arms carefully.

Jacob looked up at me with his wide brown eyes and I looked down back at him. I carefully wrapped my arms around him and Jacob laid his head unto my shoulder.

"Mummy... Awake... Wuv you..." Jacob said to me in his baby language.

I smiled softly and started to cry. Zayn smiled from the chair he was sitting in and I smiled back.

Jacob fell asleep in my arms while the thought drifted into my head.

'Its time for a new beginning.'

(A/N) Well well! A HUGE TWIST, EH? I bet all of you weren't expecting that. LOL 😂 I just got bored of the entire scenario so I decided to make a major plot change and I wanted to surprise y'all. So I hope y'all enjoy! And guess what? The next chapter which will be the 30th chapter of More Than This, well it will be the last one! The last chapter will have two parts, with an epilogue. Which will be up soon! I hope y'all enjoyed this chapter though! Even though it wasn't my best. 😩 thanks though!

Xx, Dani