Chapter Twelve: From Bad To Worse

(Zayn's Point of View)

The pain I feel in my heart right now is unbearable. I looked at Danielle, her body bruised and bloody and covered in tubes and wires. A silent tear trickled down my face as I brushed back her knotted hair.

"Sir, you need to leave," A nurse placed her hand on my shoulder and I merely shrugged it off. "No." I choked back more sobs.

"I'm sorry, but you are not permitted here at the moment," She continued. "Fine, but please, help her," I said, looking deep into her eyes.

She was a few years older than me, and she nodded, helping me out. The rest of the gang had left after that dumb ass Louis punched me.

They were all waiting with Dani's family in the waiting room. And may I say- how dare he do so. If Amber were ever in that state he would understand how I felt. No one does.

I wiped at my eyes and shuffled out of the room and stalked past the Boys and Girls. Lana was sitting in Niall's lap and he was cooing into her ear softly. Harry and Kendal were both dozed off on each others shoulders. Liam had Sidra gripped tightly to his chest. And Amber was trying to cool Louis off.

It made me feel sick- Seeing them all so happy. Danielle should be out here with me, not fighting for her life. I briskly left and headed out into the parking lot. When I reached my car I burst into an uncontrollable fit of tears. I just want to die.

-- (Sidra's Point of View)

Zayn was way out of line with what he did. But so was Louis. "Liam, I'm scared for Dani... Plus I don't want the boys to be fighting,"

I whispered into Liam's chest and pulled me closer. "Everything will be okay, I promise," He whispered into my hair. "I hope so." I said

There was a loud crash of a door smacking onto the wall and we all turned in the direction of the noise.

Zayn stood, his eyes red, in the doorway. He quickly passed by us, only quickly glimpsing at the couples. I felt bad for him. He had waited for ages to ask Dani out and now she's here in intensive care.

"Liam?" I ask silently. "Mhm?" He says. "I love you," I smile. "I love you with all my heart, to the moon and back," He kissed my head. "To the moon and back," I whispered.

"Mr and Mrs Alcantara?" A doctor asked, holding a clip board. "That's us," Dani's mum stood up. The doctor asked for them to step into a separate room to talk.

"What do you think he's telling them?" Lana asked. "I have no idea." Kendal shrugged. Harry was rubbing the small of her back and she looked ready to burst into tears. On second thought- we all did. Dani was all of our best friend.

We all waited in silence 'til Mr and Mrs Alcantara returned with worried looks on their faces. "What's the verdict, Mr A?" Harry asked.

"If and when Danielle wakes up from the coma, they need to do a surgery on her. The impact of the car was strong and crushed a ton of her bones and such," He said.Dani's mum was gripping his hand tightly and they both sat down.

"If? Danielle's strong. She will make it through the coma!" Louis said rather loudly.

"I think it's a good time for you all to leave," Mrs A said.

We all nodded and got up, ready to leave. Zayn's car was missing. All the other couples had driven in Louis' big Volkswagen, and Liam and I came with Zayn since there was no room.

"I guess we'll walk," Liam announced, intertwining his fingers with mine. "It's going to rain though," Niall said. "Don't worry, we'll be fine," I assured him. "See you two at home then," Lana smiled and we turned.

I looked back at them as Lana quickly pecked Niall's lips before shoving him into the car. "They're so cute together," I smile, leaning my head on Liam's shoulder as the car zipped past us. "We're so cute together," Liam said softly.

I smiled again and we walked in complete silence until we reached a park. It started to full-on rain cats and dogs. "Liam, hurry!" I cried, ducking under a veranda. He laughed and followed, wrapping his soaked arms around my waist and spinning me around.

The whole park was a blur under neath the downpour, but a certain figure was so distinct. I watched as the figure walked and suddenly collapsed. "Liam... It's Zayn," I say, pointing to where the boy has started to sob.

---- (Zayn's Point of View)

I took another swig from the bottle and continued walking. I left my car at the liquor shop, knowing someone else would get it... Eventually. I walked along until I came to an empty park. It started raining as if on cue.

The perfect way to disguise my tears. I heard a pair of voices screaming and laughing, and spied a girl in a white dress running for safety under a gazebo, a boy scurrying after her. 

He spun her around and stopped, pointing in my direction. "Zayn!" She cupped her hands over mouth and began running and I dropped to the ground. I couldn't let my mates see me this vulnerable.

"Zayn, oh my God!" Sidra tried to help me up, but I didn't budge. "Leave me alone," I told them in a muffled voice and Liam sighed, trying to help me up.

"Zayn, we're hurting too. You can't do this to yourself. And you're going to get sick," Liam lifted me up and slung me over his shoulder. How he did so, I have no idea.

He turned to continue walking and I saw Sidra picking up my now sopping wet cardigan and the bottle of booze. She was perfect for Liam. They were both so responsible and caring.

It was a few minutes walk to Liam's home, and he handed me some dry clothes to wear while Sidra went to make so tea and soup.

"Come this way," Liam guided me to the spare room and directed me to the bed. He even tucked me in. Sidra returned with a tray of warm food and drink and smiled, drops of moisture dripping from her wavy hair. "We'll let you to rest. If you need anything, we're in the other room," She kissed my cheek and Liam smiled warmly before they both left.

When the door closed behind the couple I let out a few more tears and placed the hot tray on the side table, and slipped into a pair of Liam's slipper. I opened the window and let in some of the cool and damp air before slinging my leg out and sneaking off into the gray city. 

---- Ooh suspense! It's Sidra @AngryBirdie) and I hope you all enjoyed reading :) Love you all lots! Xx :D