{ chapter twenty-three }

JaeEun POV

"JaeEun-ah, let's talk" my appa calls me.

I walk down the stairs and sit down on he couch while my parents sat on the table, in front of me.

"So," eomma starts, by now, I'm confused. I haven't done anything.

"Tell us the truth JaeEun-ah. Appa and I have been so busy for the past few months. We haven't had a proper chat about your life at home and outside of home" Eomma says, with a sad tone.

"Eomma, Appa, I promise you, everything is perfectly fine" I say, reassuring them.

"So who is the boy you were with yesterday?" Appa spills.

I look up at him, with shock in my eyes, how did they know? I thought.

"Our Assistant saw you yesterday, being very comfortable with a gentlemen, who is he?" Appa asks.

I thought he would be more angry, I didn't expect him to be so calm.

"H-he is my b-b-boyfriend" I stutter, not making eye contact with either of them.

"How long?" Eomma asks, calmly.

"3 months"

It was quite, I finally look up at them.

No expression.

"Bring him here, today, tonight, we would like to meet him" Appa says, "but Appa-", "bring him here" he sternly says, walking away.

I look at Eomma, she just gives me a nod and follows my father.

I walk up to my room, picking up my phone and quickly texting Mingyu.

Me: Mingyu-ah, my parents know about us, they want to meet you.

I waited 2 minutes for him to reply.

King♡: oh, that's great, tonight?

Yes, I named him my king and he named me his queen. Couple goals, am I right?

Me: My Appa seemed mad, I don't know. But, are you ready to face them?

King♡: I guess, I mean, we've been dating for 3 months now. Don't you think it's time?

Me: yeah..

King♡: hey, it'll be okay. They will fall for my charms.

Me: Come tonight, my house, dress up, just something fancy. Please?

King♡: of course, anything for my queen ❤️

Me: thank you. I love you 💘

King♡: see you tonight beautiful. I love you too 💓

I place my phone down. Sighing. What if everything goes bad and I'm forced to leave him? Would my parents accept us? What would they talk to him about? So many questions in my head, unanswered.

I walk to my bathroom and turn on the water, I need to have a nice calming bath and relieve this stress.

I drop a bath bomb, turning the water galaxy colours. It was beautiful.

I jump into the bath tub, snoozing into the warm water, I close my eyes and thought about the possibilities about tonight.

Many scenarios ran through my head.

4:30pm

1 hour. 30 minutes. Left. Mingyu will be here soon and I haven't talked to my parents since the talk before.

I slowly walk into my closet, with my back slouched.

I pick out a nice outfit, some presentable.