{ chapter six }

Mingyu POV

I woke up with a tremendous headache. I was barely able to sit up right. 

"Morning drunk-o" Wonwoo hyung comes in with a glass of water in his hand, "here," he extends his arm out to give me water "thanks" I mutter, "what happened? you came home extremely drunk last night" he asked.

"Uh, I don't know. I don't remember but I remember getting beaten up by other men in an alleyway, and uh, that's all I remember" I hold and massage my head. 

"are you going to school?" Wonwoo hyung asked, "yeah, ill go later though" I said, slowly getting out of my bed. 

I take my time getting ready for school and I even go out to eat breakfast. I took some medication for the headache I've been having.

I arrive at school around 12:34pm. "I should've just stayed home" I sigh as I walk into class.

The very first thing my teacher says to me as I walk in the class, "Mr. Kim, you're extremely late today", no 'good morning', no 'how are you', just 'mr. kim you're extremely late'. 

I heave a big sigh and turn to her, "I am having a bad week" and walk to my seat. No one sits next to me because I don't allow it. 

I drop my bag as I drag my chair from the position it was in, out. I slouch my back on the chair and look outside. 

When lunch bell goes, I stand up to pack my bag until I hear laughter ringing throughout my ears, Rowoon and JaeEun.

Then everything started coming back. Last night. I was fighting in the alleyway and someone came up to me and offered to help, but I refused and harshly pushed her on the floor, ugh who is it? my headache started to come back and before I knew it, everything turned black.

I woke up, in an unfamiliar room. There was one light supporting the brightness throughout the room. I sit up and look around, no one. I take my phone from my pocket,  2:15pm, I was blacked out for an hour and 25 minutes? who took me here? questions were running through my mind.

The door creeks open, "Hi, Mr Kim, you blacked out and someone brought you here" the infirmary women said, "uh, do you know who it was?" I asked, "The student wanted it to be confidential. The student does not want you to know" she replied, what the heck? I thought.

I walk out of the infirmary and back to class. 

Once I walk inside, everyone was quiet, no whispers and no murmurs. It was odd, it felt like I was living on a different planet. Hm, strange.

I shrug it off and sit down. 

JaeEun POV

At lunch, I was in the cafeteria with Rowoon buying lunch when I noticed my wallet was missing. 

I told Rowoon to save my spot as the line was very long and it will take awhile till we get our food. I look in my locker, nothing, I look in my bag, nothing and finally I went to class and checked my desk.

There it was, sitting by itself on my desk. 

I grabbed it until my eye saw a pair of legs, I got sceptical at first but went over to help. 

I gasp and cover my mouth, Mingyu was lying on the floor. Did he black out or did something happen? OMO! I screamed for help and no one answered, I ran to the infirmary to ask for help and a couple of teachers helped me bring him to the infirmary.

"Ms, sorry but we need your details" the infirmary lady kindly asked, "yes, of course" I stopped and gave my school information to her, before I left, I asked her one favour, "Please do not tell him that I was the one who brought him here. I am begging you, please keep me out of the equation" I begged, she gave me a warm smile, "sure. we will just tell him that a student brought you in", "thank you" I say and leave.

Now, it is period 6, the last period of the day. 

We were all loud and crazy because we have a substitute today, and the teacher was running late. 

The class stops talking as we all hear the door creak open, we became silent and turned to the door, phew, it was just Mingyu, but the class was acting odd. 

Afterwards, the teacher came in about 30 minutes late, apologising that he was in a meeting and did not know he had a class to be with. 

*END OF SCHOOL*

"Ohmygosh, so your sister is studying aboard?" I asked Rowoon, while walking out of school, "Haha, yeah, she is visiting soon" he laughs, "that's great" I smile, but see a frown creep onto his face, "what's wrong?" I asked, he sighed before starting, "my family wants me to study aboard, meaning I will have to leave Seoul and my only friend" he says.

To be honest, I was a bit sad that my first best friend that I made in Seoul, is leaving but I can't do anything, I can't force him to stay.

"Are you going?" I asked. It was quite for a moment, "I don't know. Possibly. My parents are planning to move to America" he says, I frown. "Well, whatever happens, we will always be in contact with each other right?" I say, to lighten the mood, "yeah, of course" he gives me a weak smile.

When we reached the school gates, we waved to each other as we separated paths. 

Even if Rowoon is going, I will still have Mina. She did not come to school today because she was sick. 

I've reached home now. I go inside, finding no one. "Eomma? Appa? Maids? (maids have names but idk what to call them so yeah, they are not peasants)" that was strange.

I went upstairs to my room and placed my bag on the floor. I sit on the edge of my bed and start thinking.

Today, was weird. For the first time, it feels weird. Mingyu collapses in class, Rowoon may be leaving, Mina is sick and no one is home. I felt like I was trapped, somewhere, somehow. 

I took my phone out of my pocket and dialled my mother's number, "yeoboseyo? JaeEun?" Eomma says on the other line, "Ah, Eomma, why aren't you home and where is all the maids?" I ask, "Ah, Eomma and Appa is working late tonight and the maids may have gone grocery shopping. They probably left a note on the kitchen table" she says.

"Ah, arasso" I say and end the call. 

I walk downstairs into my kitchen and see a yellow sticky note, JaeEun-ah, we have left to buy some food. We will be home soon! I smile looking at the note, at least this is not weird. 

 I go to my room and start on my homework. Once I was done, my maids have returned from grocery shopping and have cooked dinner for them and myself. I thanked them as I ate and washed the dishes after.

I turn on the water and took a nice and warm bath. I stayed in it for minutes and minutes. It felt amazing.

I concluded my night by watching k-drama, it was funny and sad at the same time. I fell asleep watching the drama.

-

AUTHORS NOTE

While I was writing this, it was strange to me. Like, it felt weird but anyways, hoped you enjoyed :)

Idolfiction