{ chapter eight }

Mingyu POV

"Yah, Mingyu, you got a note from school" Woozi hyung throws a envelope in my face, "huh?" I said. 

I put my controller down and opened the letter. 

It read:

Dear Seniors,

As this is your last year, we have prepared a special camping trip for all of you. All seniors are to attend this trip with the rest of the year level. This is a COMPULSORY event that all seniors must attend. There are no excuses. On Monday, your homeroom teachers will go through with the class about the trip, how you pack, how many days, what you do and so one. Make sure you attend that morning, if not then we will catch up with you during the week. 

ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT SCHOOL ON MONDAY!

I did not have much thought and shrugged it off. I threw the paper across the floor and continue playing my video games till dinner time.

"So what did the letter say?" Woozi hyung asked at the dinner table, "oh, there is just a senior trip, meh, I don't care" I say, munching on my food. "That's cool" SeungKwan jumps in the air, I laugh at his silliness. 

"Well, I am not going. No point" I say, "No, Mingyu, you're going. No buts" SeungCheol says in a serious tone, "Alright, hyung, I'll go" I said, putting my arms in the air as a sign of surrender.

We finish up and Jeonghan hyung washes the dishes, he is the mother of our group. 

The members then gather in the living room and start playing video games. They argued and competed against each other, it was funny. 

For some reason, I wanted to go to the convenience store. "I am going to the convenience store, anyone want anything?" I asked them. "Yeah, can you buy ice-cream and lots of snacks? Thanks Gyu" they said.

I grabbed my wallet, keys and left the dorm. 

I was walking to the convenience store till someone yelled out my name, "Mingyu!" I turned around to see JaeEun running and waving to me. I chuckle. Once she reached me, I say hello to her and laugh, again.

We walked to the convenience store, together, talking and laughing. It was kind of weird since I use to bully her.

"Hey, why do you hang out with me? I mean, I bullied you" I ask her, "hm, I know you did, but I felt like you were lost, in your own world so yeah. I think you have a nice personality, when you're not mad" she slightly chuckles, to cut out the awkwardness.

"Why did you bully me?" she asked, "I don't know. You were a transfer and it was easy to bully you. I have a history of bullying people" I shrugged. 

We arrived at the convenience store and I purchased the ice-cream and 2 bags of snacks for the members. There are a lot of us and I bet you that all of this will be gone before the night ends.

JaeEun and I sit inside and just have a friendly conversation. 

"So, did you get the senior camp trip letter?" I asked, "yeah, I did. Did you?" she asked back, "yeah. I don't want to go though. It will be boring" I said, "It will be fun, but I have Rowoon and Mina so.." she stops. 

It was awkward for a second, I wanted to ask her if she and her friends would hang out with me during the trip but I said, "tell me about yourself" instead. 

Then we started talking about our hobbies, families, favourite things and much more. We laughed and 'awed' during our friendly conversation.

Suddenly my phone started to ring, "sorry" I said and picked up my phone, "yes hyung?" I said, "YAH! WHERE ARE OUR SNACKS GYU?" I hear Minghao yelling through my ears, I put the phone far from my ears and squint my eyes.

JaeEun chuckles as she hears the yelling from the other line. The phone wasn't even on speaker. "Alright Hao, I will be home soon. I am out" I said and hung up. 

"Sorry" I apologised, for the billionth time. "No, it's okay. Who was it?" she asked, "oh, one of my members" I said, "members?" she questioned, confused. 

"Oh, right. I am in a group. SEVENTEEN" I said. She face beamed up and she seemed interested. "Tell me about your group" she puts her elbows against the table and her head in her hands. 

  I tell her, everything. About each member and how they are like. Their personality and nationality. It was funny because she kept asking questions.

"Huh. You are not so bad after all Kim" she lays her back, back onto the chair, "excuse me? Kim?" I asked, "yeah, Kim, Kim Mingyu" she laughs. "Yeah, I know. Call me Mingyu then. Why Kim?" I pout, "because it's funny" she laughs again.

JaeEun POV

"Thanks for accompany me tonight, although I saw you here but you know" I thanked him on our way out, "you're welcome" I smile and start to walk home. 

He suddenly grabs my arm, stopping me from walking. "Uh, c-can I have your number?" he asked, scratching his nape, "yeah, of course, give me your phone" I held out my hand. He handed me his phone.

I put my number in and named myself, "Lee JaeEun" in his phone. I handed it back to him. "There you go" I smile at him, "thanks, goodnight JaeEun. It was nice knowing more about you" he said, "you too, goodnight Kim" I says and rapidly move my feet, "Yah!" I hear him yell out and I laugh hysterically, disappearing in the night.  

I finally reach home and open the door. I walk inside finding my maids cleaning, "Annyeong" I bow, "Ah, JaeEun-ah, your parents are going to be late tonight. You go to sleep first" one of my maids said, "Ne, make sure you all sleep well" I smile and run upstairs.

I put down my bag and throw my phone on my bed. 

I go to my closet to pick out pj's to sleep in and I hear my phone ding throughout my silent room. I walk to my bed, pick up my phone and check the notification, it was a text message from an unsaved number.

+82267328994: Annyeong JaeEun :)

Me: Who is this?

+82267328994: Kim Mingyu :)

Me: Ah, arasso

Then I saved his number under, Mingyu.

Mingyu: What are you doing?

Me: Nothing much, just watching tv, what about you?

Mingyu: Oh, taking care of 12 members. Ugh, such a big job. I see why our manager are always so annoyed of us, haha

Me: HAHAHAH, well they're your members so you all have to take care of each other :)

Mingyu: Yeah, unfortunately

Me: It will be fine

Mingyu: Are you excited for the trip?

Me: Yes, of course, you?

Mingyu: No. I will have no one ...

Me: You can hang out with Mina, Rowoon and I. We can be a group of 4.

Mingyu: Rowoon doesn't like me.

Me: I will talk to him. So what do you say?

Mingyu: I guess.

Me: Great. Anyway, I need to go to sleep, we have an important day tomorrow :)

Mingyu: Yeah, goodnight, sweet dreams JaeEun :)

Me: Goodnight Mingyu, sweet dreams :)

And Mingyu went offline. 

I put my phone on charge and turn on my alarm. I wrap myself with my blanket and comfortably lay in bed, falling in a deep sleep. 

-

AUTHORS NOTE

2 Chapters in one day? Hell yeah! Hope you liked it. 

See you guys in the next chapter :)

Idolfiction