Dan's POV

Phil was napping silently on my bed after a long day of card games and and banter. Sweet, sleepy Phil was my favorite Phil. I watched through the pinky haze as his chest rose and fell. I planned on taking him to go do fun things whenever he started feeling better. I knew I'd have to go back to school sometime but it was a bit more lenient since I was a senior with pratically everything I needed done. I'd just mark my missed days for a family crisis.

    I could watch him sleeping for hours, it made my heart swell with warm cotton candy. Around him I felt fuzzy and pink. It was one of the best feelings ever. Phil made my chest tingle. 

    I looked over at the rose painting that I made for Phil and thought deeply. Should I give it to him? Would it be weird if I did? Millions of questions flew through my head, like someone was hacking into my brain hard drive. Finally I just decided not to. Complicating things wasn't good for him right now.

    I glanced back over at Phil as soon as his eyes fluttered open. He stared at the ceiling for a bit and then looked over at me. Our eyes locked and I could see pain flickering through his aura. "I'm ready to talk Dan."

    I slowly got off of my chair and sat on the bed beside where he laid. He sat up and continued his story.

    "I guess it all started with mom leaving him. She's about as much of a coward as he is. He would beat her, not only with his fists but with whatever he could use. His emotions, his words, sometimes the occasional beer bottle. He wouldn't beat me much then, he had me scared to my wits end. Anyways, one day I woke up and mom was nowhere to be seen. She left me a note by my bed explaining that what dad did was awful. How she was too scared to take me too. So she left me with him. For years I've been his punching bag. His words have my self-esteem so low that I couldn't imagine me being happy. He's made me do awful things to myself, made me push important people away. I'm done being his. I'm just done. I've realized that I can be happy and you've showed me that. I can be happy if you're with me and he's gone. I can be safe."

    I felt my cotton candy heart go gooey. I gripped his hand in mine and looked deep into his eyes, staring at his healing soul. "I will always be here. I can help you fix all of your broken parts. Build you up again."

    Phil smiled, a huge and genuine smile, a smile that made my deep brown eyes slick with tears. He set his other hand in my hand. "Don't cry Dan. I can see you are broken too. We're here to fix each other."

    "I love you for doing this for me." 

    The words spilled out of my mouth before I could stop them. The sickeningly sweet words that dribbled from my tongue. There was no stopping them. I could only close my eyes and look away after saying them. "Look at me Dan."

    I felt his warm pink hands lightly touching the side of my face. I looked over at him, feeling utterly panicked. "I love you too."

Author's Note: okay so i got some kinda fluff down. this fic is taking me so long i am so sorry. i haven't been that busy lately. i just haven't been feeling very inspired. i have been lonely and depressed as of lately. i am very sorry i haven't been uploading <3