Dan's POV

I looked over at injured Phil in the passenger seat. He looked so sad and embarrassed. "Are you okay Phil?"

    I realized that wasn't a good question to ask and he just looked over at me, his face like a rainy day. I could see the thunder in his bones and the lightning in his eyes. This was the frightening side of Phil. A dangerous hurt Phil.

    Suddenly his eyes softened and he muttered, "Thank you."

    I turned back towards the road, the moment feeling like a mystical purple, very unreal. This wasn't happening. I wasn't in  car playing the prince saving the damsel in distress. He just needed help and I'd be here for him. "You can stay at my house as long as you need. I'll always be here to help."

    He nodded and looked out the window. I wanted to ask why. Why his dad was such an angry shade of black. An angry shade of evil. I couldn't bring myself to do it. Phil was scared, alarmingly orange. "I can't bring myself to ask what happened but please talk to me if you want to," I said, trying to approach the situation calmly.

    Phil shook his head no. "Thank you for asking though."

    We pulled into my house and he huddled in the seat. I helped him out and to the door. My arm was rested on his shoulder and supporting him was easier than I thought. He was small and light. I helped him up the stairs to my room and sat him on the bed. "You stay here, I will get the first aid kit."

    "Yeah, because I can really move a lot right now," Phil said, giving a half-hearted giggle.

    I grabbed the kit from my bathroom and came back to him looking over my room. "Erm, this is going to sound weird but I need you to take off your shirt and pants."

    I could feel my face grow hot like an oven. So did Phil's. "Yeah, sure."

    He took off his shirt and I saw bruises upon bruises like constellations across his chest. Cuts ran up his arms. I couldn't look anymore. I grabbed his arms and pulled him in close. Looking down at his wrists everything went grey. It was all I could see and feel.

     But then I felt that pinky feeling. His fingers were on my shoulders and he was comforting me but I couldn't hear. That grey was still fighting the pink. Pure sadness and lost hope.

    Finally I sputtered something out. "Phil...please promise me you won't do that to yourself anymore."

    He looked down at his feet and mumbled, "I can't promise anything."

    "Please at least stay with us for a while."

    Phil nodded and I bandaged his wounds. I lay him out on the bed and grab a blanket for me on the floor. "Wait."

    I look over at Phil. "You can stay up here with me."

    My heart floated out of my chest. I lay down beside him and feel his warm skin against mine. "Goodnight Phil."

    He didn't answer because he was already fast asleep.

Author's Note: sorry aggghh i haven't been on much to update.   >_<