Dan's POV

I had this weird feeling as I sat down. His voice was like fluttering wings of a dove in my stomach. It made my stomach turn in the oddest way. I smiled at my desk.

    I shook off the weird feeling and turned towards the board where Mr. Grisham was waiting for the bell to ring.

                                                                   .                        .                        .

    I doodled my way through class and leaped up as soon as the bell rang, eager to go home. But first to talk to that rosy red boy. I walked shyly over to his desk. Stop being so shy, I scolded myself. The feeling I had was like a rosy pink that I couldn't quite understand.

    He was still trying to make room in his bag for his textbook. "Erm, hey."

    Phil jumped in surprise and I let out a small laugh. "Sorry if I scared you."

    He smiled brightly at me. "Maybe just a little," he laughed, again with that snuggly, teddy bear laugh.

    "Well I was wondering if maybe you'd like to hang out this weekend? I don't know, get some Taco Bell?"

    I smacked myself. No, it wasn't a date, but it sure sounded that way. "I mean it's not a date or anything! Just as friends."

    He laughed again, that teddy bear laugh. "I'd love to."

    "Great! Erm, Friday night?"

    He shoved his book into his bag. "Works for me! I'll talk to you later," he says, giving me a warm smile.

    I felt my face go hot as I smiled back.