Phil's POV

I played it pretty smoothly I thought. I was only a little embarrassed. He was so easy to talk to. He always looked as if he was contemplating something, which I found mysterious. 

    I smiled on my way to my mum's car, opened the door, and slid in. "You sure look happy Phil," she said, a bit amused.

    "Just had a good day, that's all," I replied.

    She twisted the key in the ignition and we headed on our way back home. Home. I sure hope dad isn't home. Who knows whether he'd be drunk, or just angry.

    I looked over and noticed mum's tired eyes. I was guessing he wasn't exceptionally happy. I took in a deep breath and decided I wasn't going to let him spoil my mood.

    We walked in together and I immediately saw dad on the couch, basically passed out. That was good for the moment, maybe not so much later. I heard a little breath of relief escape mum's lips. She gave me a light kiss on the forehead and we parted way into our rooms.

    I flipped quietly back onto my bed and sat there, watching my chest rise and fall. I didn't even get Dan's phone number. Oh well, I guess I'd get it tomorrow. I turned on my phone and stuck in my earbuds. I played the The 1975 and lied there, eyes closed.

    There weren't many days I could just lay down, so I'd enjoy it. Eventually I drifted off into and hour long nap.