20 | Truly Yours 2

Christina Marie Lee-Cole

I rolled over to the other side of the bed to find it empty. I also found the house to be surprisingly quiet. After first wiping the sleep out of my eyes, I made my way out of the bed to go and find J and Nyla. I ultimately found J in Nyla's room, softly singing to her as he rocked her in his arms.

I decided to not interrupt their moment by standing in the doorway as I smiled to myself.

Although J indeed rapped for a living, he had a nice singing voice also. He softly sang to her as he held her close to his chest in the rocking chair in the corner of the room. She appeared to be sleep. He then suddenly looked up and noticed me standing in the doorway as he smiled.

"How long have you been standing there?" he asked in a low tone.

"Only about five minutes," I chuckled as I made my way over to him.

He handed me the baby while I took a seat on his lap as he wrapped his arms around my torso.

"How long have you been up with her?" I questioned as he softly rocked the chair.

"I don't know," he shrugged as if it was nothing. "She woke up in the middle of the night."

"Was she hungry?"

"Yeah, she wanted her daddy too though. She was crying my name."

"Oh shutup," I sucked my teeth with a roll of my eyes. "She can't even talk yet."

"She be talking whole sentences!" J argued. "Are you mad that you can't understand baby talk, or na? Sorry only her daddy is included in the loop."

"Whatever," I laughed.

"Are you mad she's a daddy girl and like me better, or na?"

"Can you stop with this 'or na' stuff," I laughed.

"... Or na?"

I gave him a stale face as he suddenly smiled and gave me a peck on the lips.

"What time is it?" he asked.

I looked at the time on my phone which currently sat in my lap. "Two. Why?"

"Oh," he practically yelled, almost waking up the baby. "You might want to get in the shower. Claire is coming to pick you up around 3:30. You guys have a dress appointment at 4 o'clock to attend."

"Dress appointment?"

"Um, did you forget that you agreed to marry the best person in the world? Aka, me?"

I rolled my eyes with a suck of my teeth as I punched him in his chest. "Don't get smart with me."

"You asked," he laughed. "And while you're with the girls picking out a dress, I'll be with the guys getting fit for a tux."

"Who's going to watch Nyla?"

"My mom," he answered in a nonchalant tone. "You know she's willing to baby sit without us even asking."

"Oh yeah," I laughed. "So when did you plan all this?"

"Baby don't worry about all that. Just know I got everything under control."

I sighed, simply saying 'alright' as I got off of his lap, and handed Nyla back to him. He watched her as I went to jump in the shower, then we switched turns. Once completing my daily hygiene routine, I threw on anything comfortable. I then put my hair up in a ponytail as I took the baby from J.

She was just waking up when he handed me her, so I decided to feed and bathe her. Afterwards, I dressed her in one of the outfits she got at the baby shower and packed her diaper bag. By that time, J was out the shower, dressed, and ready to go. His mother house was a bit out the way, but we still got there in a reasonable time.