1 | Truly Yours 2

Christina Marie Lee-Cole

After finally getting the energy to roll out of bed, and make my way to the bathroom, it was time to start my day. I quickly slid my engagement ring off of my finger, and sat it on the bathroom counter. I then brushed my teeth, stripped, and jumped into the shower. Once spending more than enough time in the shower cleaning myself, and collecting my thoughts, I hopped out and threw a towel around me.

When I returned back inside the bedroom, after remembering to put my ring back on my finger, I found Jermaine still quietly asleep. I smiled to myself as I threw my towel to the side, then found something comfortable to wear. I only planned on preparing breakfast for him, and staying here with him until it was time for me to go in for work. I normally don't have time to do anything other than going straight to work, and today I honestly still didn't have time.

I was required to come in at 7 a.m., and it was currently 5:32 a.m. It wouldn't take long to whip up a simple breakfast, but J will kill me for waking him up so early.

As soon as I was done getting dressed, I headed downstairs and started on breakfast. I made pancakes, sausage, and toast. Once it was all done, I get out two plates, and two cups. I made both of our plates, then filled both cups with a fresh carton of orange juice.

I found two trays, then placed both of our separate plates and glasses on top. It was a struggle getting both trays upstairs without making a mess, but I made it. Unsurprisingly, J was still sound asleep. I almost didn't want to wake him up! But I eventually did.

"Baby wake up," I said as I shook his arm.

He groaned and rolled over. I tried again as I let the aroma of the food fill his nostrils.

"Baby," I tried again as he finally rubbed his eyes, then slowly opened them.

"Wassup?" he replied in that sexy, morning raspy voice of his.

I loved the sound of his voice in the morning. It was such a turn on.

"I m-made you breakfast," I could barely get out with a smile.

He looked at the tray of food I had prepared, as a smile spread across his face.

"Damn, for real?"

"Of course dick head," I laughed. "You act like I never made you breakfast before."

"It's been a minute since you have!"

"I figured I'd wake up a little earlier and make breakfast before going to work."

"Work?"

"Uh, yeah J! I have to get money somehow!"

"Baby just let me take care of you."

I smiled as he smoothed out my hair.

"J I still have to work."

"No you don't. Not if I got you."

"J I got this," I chuckled. "I'm going to work."

"At least stay home with me today. You can go back to work tomorrow."

"Baby I stayed home with you yesterday and the day before. Jenna needs me."

He groaned as he dramatically poked out his bottom lip. I poked it back in as I kissed his lips. He instantly smiled as he returned the kiss. After we both finished our breakfast, it was time for me to get dressed for work. We had a choice of either wearing a white button down shirt with a black pencil skirt, and black or white heels or flats, or red scrubs. I didn't feel like getting dressed up today, so I threw on the scrubs.

Once getting dressed, I placed all of our dishes inside the sink, gave J a quick kiss, then was out for work. I was going to wash the dishes before leaving, but he insisted that he wash them, while I go to work. I loved him for being such a gentleman, and helping out more.

I still don't believe I'm not dreaming.

As soon as I got to work, I noticed we were extremely busy. Thank God I didn't wear them damn heels, and a skirt today! I first had to tend to the needs of the other patients, then take Victoria on a her daily walk to the hospital cafeteria, and back. She's been doing really good, and she doesn't even talk about her walker as much anymore! I was so proud of her, and what we had accomplished together as a team.

The other kids on the other hand, didn't quite learn or get the hang of things as fast as Victoria did. I had to pay extra close attention to them. But I certainly didn't mind. Although me and Victoria and a special type of relationship, I had a relationship with all of my patients. I made every single last one of them feel as if they were safe with me.

Other than me being on my feet all day, I noticed that Jenna was on her feet all day too. I rarely even had time to speak to her! Before I knew it though, it was time for our lunch break. I explained to Jenna that I was heading upstairs to go and see a nurse about something, and that I would be back.

What I wanted to go see a nurse for, is to see what the hell was going on inside my body. So I did just that. I was friends with one of the nurses on one of the upper floors, I'm sure she would be more than happy to squeeze in a quick check up for me.

Once I took the elevator up, and tracked her down, I found myself inside a small room sitting on the edge of a very uncomfortable examining bed. The bed was an ugly color blue, and it was covered with thin white paper sheets. After waiting for what felt like forever for a nurse to come in and see me, a male nurse I didn't recognize come through the door with a smile on his face.

"Hello," he greeted me as he took a seat on the swivel chair across from the bed I was sitting on.

"Good afternoon," I greeted him as we exchanged a quick hand shake.

He looked down at his clipboard, then looked back at me.

"So, Ms. Lee, what brings you here today?"

"Well, it's been a while since I've had a regular check-up, and I'm also curious about what's going on in my body."

"Okay. What exactly are you curious about? Tell me what's going on."

"Well, I've been throwing up lately, and I periodically get cramps, but I haven't had a period again yet."

"When exactly do you get sick?"

"Mostly in the morning."

"It sounds like you're having morning sickness, which is a common sign of being pregnant. Cramps and late periods are also also a sign. Have you thought about possibly being pregnant?"

"Well," I started. "Me and my fiancée haven't been planning on having a child, but we wouldn't mind welcoming a little one into our family."

"Well, would you like to give an ultrasound a try?" he offered.

I was a little scared to take up the offer, but I eventually agreed.

Me and J have always wanted a child, but I wasn't necessarily expecting one so soon. We just got engaged only two weeks ago for crying out loud! If I wasn't pregnant, that would give us a little more time to settle down, and take things one day at a time, but if I was, that meant we had a lot ahead of us.

--------------------------------------------
A/N - This is the first official chapter of book two of Truly Yours! Turn up, turn up. Y'all know what to do - vote, comment, and recommend! Since he had a Truly Yours 1, 2, and 3, I don't know if there will be a 3, but for right now, just 2! Hope you guys are ready to go on another bumpy ride with these two!