10 | Truly Yours 2

Jermaine Lamarr Cole

After watching Christina crunch down on a whole tray full of ice as if it was a bag of her favorite chips, I finally had enough. Yesterday all she literally ate was pickles and chocolate, and the day before, her new fascination was banana peppers mixed inside of her ice cream.

Christina doesn't even like pickles. Nor does she like ice! I've always heard that women craved weird things while they were pregnant, but I never believed it was true. Now that Christina is pregnant, I was tired of her cravings already. She was only three months along for crying out loud!

We had at least six or seven more months to go!

"Baby are you serious right now?" I groaned, just as she was about to open the freezer to get another ice tray.

"What?" she pouted as she dramatically poked out her bottom lip.

"That's all you gone eat today?" I asked as I rubbed my temples.

"What else is there to eat in this house?"

"You talking as if there's not other food in the freezer. Hell! There's even food in the refrigerator! I'll cook if I need to. I just want to see you eat something other than ice."

"I don't want anything other than ice," she whined.

"I'll tell you what. We can go to The Cheesecake Factory, and while we're out, we can go pick out your permanent ring."

Her face instantly lit up as she looked at her ring finger. "But I like this one!"

"There's plenty of fish in the sea. You might change your mind and see another one you like."

"But I don't like fish," she said with a straight face as I burst into laughter.

"I hate you man."

"I love you too," she smiled as she pecked my lips. "I'm ready whenever you are."

Once rolling my eyes and playfully pushing her out my way, I gathering our things, then out the door we went. It would take no time getting to the shop that I bought her ring at.

Once there, Christina had no interest in looking at the rings. Both me, and a jeweler tried convincing her to look at other rings, but she wasn't having it. She claimed that the other rings would have less value to her, because none of them were the ring that I proposed to her with. Although it was a temporary ring, my intentions were to swap it out for an actual ring, but since the ring that was currently on her finger was the one that I proposed to her with, it was more special to her.

Since I saw where she coming from and I understood her point, and since I didn't feel like a arguing with her today anyways, we were out the jewelry shore just as fast as we came in. Afterwards, since I told her we would go to The Cheesecake Factory, I kept my word. As much as we eat at that place, you would think we're sick of it by now, but not at all.

As long as me and Christina are together, The Cheesecake Factory will always be both my, and her favorite restaurant.

"I can't wait until we can just lay back and enjoy the good things in life," Christina stated as she swirled her straw around in her drink.

"What do you mean?" I asked, curious.

"I mean, we have a lot ahead of us. Moving into the new house when it's finally finished, preparing for the baby, planning for the wedding," she sighed. "It all sounds like fun right now, but when it's actually time for it to happen, I know it will be stressful."

"We can always hire a mover, and lets not forget the baby shower," I smiled.

"Baby shower!?" she practically yelled as her eyes suddenly got big. "I forgot all about one!"

"I mean, we of course have to figure out the gender of the baby first, but I think a baby shower would be fun. Depending on the gender."

"Why does it depend on the gender?"

"If we have a girl I don't want to be surrounded by a bunch of pink shit," I laughed.

"Grow up," she laughed. "But on a serious note, we seriously have to start thinking about names!"

"Baby can we at least find out what the gender is first? It's going to be way much easier then, than now. There's going to be a million and one names being thrown out."

"True, I see your point," she sucked her teeth. "At least tell me what you think the gender will be."

"I personally want a girl, even though I'm dreading the baby shower if you do have a girl."

"Why do you want a girl?" she laughed. "I thought you would at least say a boy."

"I mean, what ever gender the baby comes out to be, I'm going to love them unconditionally, but I personally just want you to be pregnant with my daughter."

"Why a girl? I personally want a boy."

"Because I can't wait to spoil her. She'll be just like a mini you. She's going to be daddy's little girl. But the moment she gets old enough to know what yoga pants and leggings are, all hell is breaking loose."

"I can't stand you," she laughed.

"I'm serious! Let her think she grown! The moment she try to step out the house with some leggings or yoga pants on, is the moment she's on punishment until she turns 21."

"I can already tell you're going to be super protective," Chris chuckled with a roll of her eyes. "But you don't have to worry about that because I'm having a boy."

"Why a boy?" I asked, curious, just as the waiter brought us more refills. We had already put our order in, and was now waiting on our food. "With you being girly and all, I would think that you would want a girl."

"I think it would be cute to have little Jermaine running around. And then you can teach him how to play basketball, and everything else."

"Nah," I shook my head. "If you do have a boy, I don't want him to be a jr. That'll be too cliche. And I don't want him to be anything like me. So a boy? Mhm negative."

"What do you mean anything like you?"

"Because I'm not perfect. I regret all the shit that I put you through in the past, and if I have son, I don't want him growing up thinking that treating his girlfriend the same way is the right thing to do. I don't want her to go through the same thing."

A huge smile formed across Christina's face as her cheeks suddenly became red. I thought it was cute when ever I made her bush. My intentions weren't to make her blush though. I was being completely honest with what I said.

After finally receiving our meals, me and Christina continued discussing our plans for the future. I was excited for them, I even think that I'm more excited about our plans for the future than Christina is! I couldn't wait until we moved into a new place to call our own, and plan for the arrival of my first child. Most importantly though, I couldn't wait until the big day where I could see the love of my life walk down the aisle.