chapter 20: his favorite dream

Gerard's P.O.V

Me and Em continued walking and I see an old man standing behind the tree holding a knife and a girl's Head, I didn't know if Em saw too but I stayed quiet to not freak her out or make her think I was crazy, the girl's Head looked familiar, she looked like the girl that was just standing there in the middle of the road and made me crash four years ago, I thought I would never see her again but I did, with her head chopped off. "Hey we should get back in the car, we still need to go somewhere else anyways." I said to her. "Ok and really? where are we going?!" she asks me with a huge smile on her face, which made me laugh cuz it was so cute, "not telling, it's a surprise, here put this bandana around your eyes." I handed her the bandana and she put it on, "can you see?" I asked, "no" she says, I want sure if I believed her, "how many fingers am I holding up?" I asked her, I was holding up three fingers, "um...eight?" she says and I giggled "nope, ok your good." I said and I helped her walk to the car and started driving to our destination.

Emelia's P.O.V

I wonder where he's taking me but putting on a bandana over your eyes means it's pretty special...and romantic. I'm so excited I can't wait till we arrive, "are we there yet?" I asked and I heard him laugh, "no" he say, we stayed quiet and he put some music on to keep me focused on it, the music did help it made me a little sleepy but since I was wearing the bandana it was dark, when I tried opening my eyes, I see the old man surrounded with darkness, I got really scared and immediately took off the bandana and started panicking, Gerard stopped the car and put his hands on my arms and made me face him, "what's wrong?" he asks, "I saw an old man in the darkness of the bandana" I said, he looked worried, "I-I think he's after me, Mary told me that someone was after me" I said he pulled me into a hug rubbing his hands on my back, "who's Mary?" he asks, "the little girl, one that the man killed, he chopped off her head." I said and started sobbing into his black jacket, "you saw him too? On our walk?" he asks me, "y-yea, did you?" I asked, "yea." he said, "why? Why me?" I started sobbing more and he kept rubbing my back trying to calm me down, "shhh...it's ok, it's ok don't worry, I won't let him hurt you, I won't let anyone lay a finger on you, shhh....it's ok." he said, he did calm me down a little but I still feel scared, we pulled away and I wiped my tears and he put his hand on my cheek and looked at me right in the eye, "it's ok." he says, I gave him a light smile and he continued driving, the drive was long, I probably feel asleep for 30 min. then I woke up, "sleep well?" he asks, "um...yea I guess..." I said, "cool." he says I started looking at the time on my phone witch was 7:10 and we 've been on the road going on for 2 hours, he noticed me with a shock as if he knew that I was wondering when we would arrive, "don't worry were almost there." he says, "ok", I said, I looked out the window and it was pretty dark with a few light on, "Any dreams?" he asks, "no, thank god, usually every time I have a dream there usually nightmares." I said, "oh, I hate those, I would always get those when I was younger, I'd say when I was 13 which was 4 years ago, to be honest, I stopped having them when I found you." he says, "oh I bet it's nice not having any nightmares at all." I said, "yea that would be nice but there's always one." he says. "I have the most favorite dream of all, and the worse nightmare at all, my worst night mare was losing you 4 years ago." he said. I gasped and looking shocked that he still remembered, "...what's the favorite dream?" I asked, he smiled and thinking whether or not he should tell me, "my favorite dream was when you would become Emelia Way."