chapter 17: Amnesia

"Well this was a delicious dinner...I'm gonna go watch t.v.now." says dad, "No-No-No! You stay right there mister!" I say to him. He sighs and takes a seat while my mom keeps eating and looks at her food, "what are you talking about your not the boss of him." says Claudia, "mom and dad said we would have a chat after dinner." I say to her and Claudia starts laughing, "about?" she asks, "they guy that saved me named Gerard way." I say to her and Claudia and Shaun stopped eating and looked at me with a serious face then looking at mom and dad to see their reactions, "is it true?" Claudia asks them, and they nod." Do you think she's ready for it?" says Shaun, "well she already meet him honey, I think it's time she knows the truth" mom says, "wait...you all know about him?!" I say and they look at each other nodding. I sigh and ran upstairs throwing away everything that Chris gave me, then I lay down trying to remember Gerard's face while holding my teddy bear and listening to music, then I hear a knock on the door and Claudia walks in, "hey....you ok?" she asks me, "yea I guess" I say to her, "so you meet Gerard huh...he's pretty cool to hang out with." she says and I stay quiet, "well I guess I'll tell you the story since mom and dad are just too nervous to tell" she says letting out a giggle, "well when u were younger, I'd say 13 years old, wow 13 years old and now your 17. anyways um...do you remember how dad would always get home late because he would be drinking...well he would always pick on you and then you had a boyfriend that all of us knew about except dad because you knew he would be pissed off with you, and well that boyfriend was Gerard....One night dad found out about Gerard and of course he was drunk so he was even more pissed off, he started hitting you and you would be in tears all curled up in the corner, when dad left your room you were so mad you ran away...with Gerard, dad found out and started following you guys in his car while Gerard was driving his, and then Gerard made a turn in the woods and hit a tree because he was scared about the idea of dad hitting you again, we got you and Gerard in the hospital as fast as we could, the doctor said you lost a lot of blood and injured your head witch caused amnesia...I overheard dad talking to Gerard, he told him to stay away from you forever other wise he would make your life miserable, Gerard agreed and never spoke to you again, and he kept his word, he never spoke to you but he would spy on you just to make sure you were safe from dad but ever since that night, dad stopped drinking and went to rehab, he told us to never tell you about Gerard so now there worried to tell you.Gerard is your long lost boyfriend, amnesia ruined it all that's why u don't remember this." she said, I felt a tear roll down my cheek and my dad walks in and hugged me tightly. "I'm so sorry Emelia, I can never forgive myself from that night, I have nightmares about that night, but instead of saving you, you die..." says dad, I watched mom standing In the doorway crying, I look into my dad's eyes and he was crying as well, "Emelia....Can you ever forgive me?" he said.