Chapter 9

-Shayley- (See, drama! :3)

It's been months since that night I met Austin and the guys when we went out to eat.  I was thinking a lot about going to see him again.  I wanted to get back with him, but that's a long shot.  Especially with that little ginger, what was his name... Alan?  Yeah he'd make my goal a little hard, but I think I could find a way to handle him...

-Alan-

We stayed for a couple more days and then it was time to head back to the university.

"Aw, I wish you two didn't have to leave!  I love you."  My mom smiled and hugged me.

I smiled and picked up my things.  "I know mom, but I'll be back before you know it. Love you too."  I smiled and kissed her cheek.  Austin honked the horn and waved.

"Take care sweetie!"  She smiled and laughed as I put my stuff in the truck and drove off.

~~~~~~~

We had been driving for about an hour or two in silence aside from singing along to the radio occasinally.  I smiled and hummed along to one of my favorite songs.

"That was really fun."  Austin smiled breaking the silence.

"Yeah."  I agreed and laughed.

"You're parents are pretty cool, you'll have to meet my dad sometime."  He said messing with his phone.

"Sounds like a plan."  I nodded and it went back to silence.  We stopped a little while later and ate at Chick-Fil-A.

"This placs is great!"  Austin laughed as he stole one of my fries.

"Hey!  Get your own!"  I laughed.

"Hmm... Nah."  He laughed and ate a bite of it.  "Payback tastes like potatoes!"

I laughed.  "Payback?  For what?"

"My whipped cream."  He smiled.

"Really Austin?"  We laughed together.  "Okay fine."  He smiled triumphantly.

~~~~~~~~

We got back to the university finally.  The sun was starting to go down but the campus was busy as ever.  Everyone was returning from their break and getting ready for classes to start back.  Austin and I went and put our stuff in the room then he went off looking to see if Tino and Phil were back yet.  I decided to go out for a little while, I needed to pick up the CD I ordered anyways.

I got to the music shop and walked on in.

"Hey Alan, enjoy your break?"  The girl behind the counter smiled as the bell rang.

"Hey Kerry, yeah it was pretty good."  I smiled walking to the counter.

"Here to pick up an order?"  She asked and looked under the counter.

"Yep."  I nodded.

"Umm... Oh here it is!  Linkin Park's Hybrid Theory right?"  She asked pulling out the CD.

"Yeah thanks."  I smiled and took the CD.

"Anytime Alan.  See ya tomorrow."  She said as I walked out the door.  I drove around for a bit and then went back to the campus.  I walked back upstairs and back to the room.  I dug through my pockets looking for my key.  I suddenly remembered I had left it in the room.

"Damnit!"  I mumbled to myself and knocked on the door.  Getting no response, I headed up to the roof.  I looked around and spotted Austin, Aaron, Tino, and Phil.

"Hey, look who came to the party!"  Tino laughed.

"Um, yeah."  I laughed.  "I forgot my key in the dorm so you guys are stuck with me for a while I guess."