Chapter 4

It was early when I woke up the next morning, but I didn't try to go back to sleep.  I yawned and sat up.  Austin was snoring lightly from his bed so I knew he was still asleep.  I grabbed my phone and checked the time.  It was only nine o'clock.  I turned the TV on and turned the volume down, then laid on the end of the bed.  There wasn't much on, so I settled on just watching cartoons.  Reruns of stuff I had watched last week played.  Did they ever get any new episodes.  The bed shifted as someone sat beside me.

"Cartoons, really?"  Austin laughed.

I nearly fell off the bed.  "How the fuck do you do that?!"  I laughed when I realized it was only him.

He shrugged.  "I'm just quiet."  He smiled down at me.

"Why are you smiling so much?"  I laughed.

"Because you're cute when you're scared."  He grinned and I blushed.

"I'm not scared... just startled."  I said looking back at the TV.

He leaned closer.  "I think you were scared."  He laughed.

I turned back to him and smiled.  "Okay so maybe I was but you would be too if I snuck up on you like that."

He laughed.  "You're not quiet enough to sneak up on me like that."  I stuck my tounge out at him.

I remembered something.  "What were you going to ask me last night?"  I asked rolling onto my side.

"Um..."  Austin seemed to be taken by suprise.  "I don't remember..."  He laughed and ran his hand through his hair.  I laughed and rolled back over and looked at the TV screen.  After a while I got hungry and decided to go get lunch.  I got dressed and pulled my shoes on.

"Where are you off to?"  Austin asked looking away from the TV.

"Out to get lunch, you want anything?"  I asked grabbing my keys and wallet.

"Nah, I'm good."  He shrugged.

"Okay, I'll be back later."  I said and walked out the door.  Alex waa walking down the hall with two unfamiliar kids.  The first one was a bit shorter than me and had long black hair and green eyes.  The other lid was as tall as I was and had dark brown hair and brown eyes.

"Hey Alan, what's up?"  Alex smiled as I walked by.

"Hey Alex, just heading out to get lunch, what about you guys?"  I asked.

"Oh you know, the usual showing the new kids around."  He laughed.  "They are your new hallmates Kellin and Jack."  The guys waved.

"Nice to meet you."  I smiled.  "Well, I have to run see ya!"  I said walking away.

~~~~~~

I got back to the room later and flopped down on my bed.

"It's so boring." I sighed.

Austin laughed.  "Well, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know..."  I said looking at my phone.

"Hmmm..."  Austin hummed thinking.  "Well, there's something we could do, if your not scared."

"Scared?"  I laughed.  "Why would I be scared?"

"Because if we get caught we could get kiced out of the university."  He shrugged.

I looked confused.  "What exactly are you planning on doing?"  He went through a drawer and pulled something out.

"Do you smoke?"  I grinned.

"I have a couple of times..."  I said finally realizing what he was getting at.  He lit the blunt that he had pulled out and took a drag.

"Here."  He said and passed it to me.  I was unsure for a moment.