| Seventeen

___

17

M I S C H I E F

M A N A G E D

___

"WAIT!"

A cool sweat breaks on her brow as she realizes they might not listen to a word she says.

But the two look at each other, before shrugging.

"Unless you're going to apologize about Harry, we don't want to hear it," one replies, pointing his wand at her once more.

"You've harmed a lot of people, Hermione Granger," the other brother says, readying his wand too.

Hermione looks between the two, studying their faces. They're a handful of years older, with pale skin and smattering of freckles across their visible skin. Their eyes are blood shot and their hands shake.

Were they up all night as well -

But past the tired, dazed state they're in, she can see a resemblance to the boy from her dream, and that's when the pain starts again. The memories sear her mind and the backs of her eyes, making her scream in pain.

Fred and George look between each other once more because neither of them are causing the pain.

"Stop that," one says.

"We're not falling for it," the other.

Hermione writhes in pain, but she's gotten more of her memory from that day back, and now she opens her eyes to look at the twins.

"Please," she mutters between sobs. "Please take me to Ron."

One laughs.

"Why would we do that? So you can have a go at him too?"

She shakes her head.

"No, I'm not with the Death Eaters, anymore. I don't want to kill anyone."

She looks at the other because he's glaring at her, but he refuses to say a word now.

"Please," she says, crying even harder. Watching as one of the men exits the dank room.

Only one remains.

"I'll take you," he mumbles.

They leave the basement, head upstairs, and pass through a small house, full of old furniture and plates of half-finished food. They head outside. It's begun to rain, a light drizzle falling from the gray skies.

___

Thank you for reading Avada Kedavra.

Please comment and vote if you enjoyed this chapter.