04 | Geminio

╷〢╷〢╷

C H A P T E R  F O U R | geminio

spell. duplicates objects.

╷〢╷〢╷

Hermione chases behind Peter, not wanting to get stuck with the figures whose whispers are growing louder by the second. As she passes the other children, fright drains their faces of color. She worries about the danger she's clearly placed herself in.

One of the boys looks just like the man named Lucius. She wonders for a moment what it'd be like to have a father like that growing up. Her dad, Muggle as he is, has always been happy to see her. Lucius seems like the only way he'd ever be happy would be if someone else were suffering in his presence.

Hermione nearly runs into Peter and when she peeks around him, she sees they've stopped in front of the biggest cauldron Hermione has ever seen.

"Peter?" She watches as he stretches his hand out over the swirling smoke from the bubbling liquid, and right before it plunges in, she sees blood pouring from an open wound on his palm. The others around them were pushing for a closer look. While her attention is on the approaching figures, someone grabs her wrist then they toss her to the ground like a ragdoll.

When she searches for the person responsible, her eyes meet the arrogant smile of Lucius right before he turns back to witness the revival of a being thought to have been wiped from the Earth more than ten years previous. Looking ahead to the cauldron, a figure rises slowly from the black bowl of smoke. A thick crop of black hair brushes his protruding, pale shoulders, and Hermione realizes the man is naked. She turns away just as Peter tosses a thick cloak over the man's bony frame.

"Welcome to your final form, my lord," Peter says before kneeling on the ground in front of the handsome man.

He scans the group of figures, most of which have begun to remove their masks, but when his dark eyes land on Hermione he calls her forward.

"Come," he prompts in a raspy whisper.

She looks to Peter, and she's happy to see him encouraging her to follow this being's commands. So, she puts one foot forward until she reaches the cloaked man.

"Are you the one who freed me?"

Confused by his question, she hesitates.

"Did you kill Harry Potter?"

She had the creeping suspicion that Harry had been seriously hurt, but never had she been convinced that she'd flat out murdered someone. Did this man mean to tell her, as well, that this child's death somehow released him from somewhere? What could someone have done to be banished to a place where only death can go in exchange for life?

She has so many questions, but this man only wants a single answer. She meets his eyes, as much as they make her shiver.

"Yes. My name is Hermione Granger, and I killed Harry Potter."

⋆✶⋆

IF YOU ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER, PLEASE. . .

Vote, Comment, and Share!