| Twenty-four

___

24

L O N G

T I M E

N O

S E E

___

"I'VE BEEN HERE FOR FOUR DAYS! I need to talk to someone - Draco, Dumbledore - hell, I'd even settle for Luna Lovegood! Just let me out!"

Hermione knows no one will answer her, let alone help her, but she keeps pounding on the door. She has nothing better to do. She should be quiet, but the last three days she's waited for someone to come speak with her. No one came, and now she's grown irritated.

"Come on! I know someone's out there! Let! Me! Out!" She kicks the door, and though it shakes noisily, it doesn't break or fall down.

But it does get someone's attention. The door opens after several seconds.

Hermione stumbles back, surprised.

A young red haired woman enters the room, her thin brows arched and her lips pursed. She points her wand at Hermione threateningly.

"Just what the hell do you think you're doing? Get against the wall," she barks, pushing the brunette back. "You're not speaking with anyone."

Hermione steadies herself against the wall, but she stares down the ginger female, and her mind is easy to read.

Ron's sister -

She blames me -

"I'm sorry," Hermione says suddenly.

Ginny shakes her head, her face crumpling in sad frustration. She stares at her for a long time. Her fists clenching and her tears falling. Ginny slaps Hermione harshly, sending a solid clap through the room.

"Weasley!"

The girls are surprised to find Draco standing in the doorway. He's dressed head-to-toe in black, and his mouth is set in that familiar frown as he takes in the scene before him. He refuses to meet Hermione's eyes. Even as he turns to leave with Ginny.

Not even a good bye -

"Draco," she calls out, crossing the room as quickly as possible. "Please, wait?"

He freezes, but he doesn't want to see her, so he keeps the door open only a few inches wide. Not even bothering to turn around.

"I can't be seen with you," he says harshly, his breathing suddenly labored.

"I just need you to answer a few questions," she replies, pulling the door open.

___

Thank you for choosing my novel today.

If you enjoyed this chapter, please don't forget to vote.