Off to Neverland (40)

When my dad had said that I had to go to Neverland Academy, I wasn’t at all happy. I thought that I would be surrounded by snobby kids that didn’t care about anything but money, and that seemed to be all it was at first. I had the Lost Boys and Courtney to worry about, and my only friend seemed to be Chloe. But it had been months from that time, and so many things had changed.

I wished that I had picked military school, to be honest. I wouldn’t have had my heartbroken in this mess if I just went to military school. I would have been around my kind if I went to military school.

The only person I could talk to before I had met Chloe was my cousin Leah. I had my mother before she died, and I also had Terra, but she never seemed to understand any of the problems that I had to go through. Leah lived so far away though, and I rarely ever talked to her on the phone anyway because I knew she had her own problems with her friends and family, and especially this boy she was partnered with in one of her school projects… I don’t even want to get into the details of that.

“Don’t make me sing Disney songs,” Chloe threatened, her finger wagging in my face as I stared up at the clock, just wanting the last class of the day to be over with so I could go home. “You know I’ll sing Disney songs really loud if you don’t perk up.”

Normally, I would have been fine with her singing Disney songs in class, but not when I was as depressed as I was at that moment. If I had been in a better mood, I would have sung along with her…

I hadn’t told her that Eli had kissed be the day before; I hadn’t told anyone at all. I didn’t ever want to have to tell anyone that that had ever even happened between the two of us. I didn’t know how someone would react to hearing that my ex-boyfriend’s best friend had kissed me and I had actually kissed him back…

It hurt my heart to call Jack my ex-boyfriend. I didn’t want it to be true, but it was. To think that we weren’t dating any longer broke my heart… especially when I was the one who had broken up with him.

“Gosh, it disturbs me to see you, Gaston,” Chloe nearly shouted at the top of her lungs, and I was glad that the room was too loud for anyone to hear us, “looking so down in the dumps!”

“Ah!” I cried out, tears filling my eyes as I dropped my head into my arms, which were resting on my desk.

If possible, I thought I heard Chloe bite down on her lip. “Oh, yeah. That probably isn’t the best song to sing at the moment, huh?”

Gaston used to be my favorite villain. I didn’t think I would ever be able to look at him the same ever again.

“I’m going to kill Jack, I swear!” Chloe sighed, plopping down in her seat beside me. “He’s such an idiot! Sometimes I can’t even believe him! And sometimes I hate that I have to call him my cousin… The same blood is flowing through our veins. It’s disgusting.”

I didn’t like the talk about blood and veins, and Chloe could tell by the face I was making after she had finished speaking. She laughed, changing the subject immediately afterwards, which I was definitely thankful to her for.

When the bell rang, I shoved all of my things in my backpack before taking off, not even waiting for Chloe. I had told her earlier that day that I was leaving as soon as possible, just so Jack wouldn’t see me. I had avoided him in biology, since Mrs. Lavaliere let me sit across the room from him, and Chloe and I ate lunch in a classroom to avoid him.

As I made my way outside to the parking lot, I didn’t see Jack anywhere, which was a good sign. He might have actually chosen to be smart and leave me alone because he knew I didn’t want to talk to him…