Off to Neverland (15)

I was glad that Simon was going to Neverland Academy with me now. It meant that I would have more friends than just Chloe and Stephanie, which I was really happy for. I used to have only three friends at my old school, and Simon was one of them.

I was going to have to call Terra and Henry later. It felt like I hadn't talked to them in forever.

"I can't wait until we found out what the play is so everyone will just stop singing and just shut up," Chloe groaned after she had entered our dorm room after school. Slamming the door shut behind her, she trudged all the way over to the chair beside the TV and plopped down next to it. "I thought more people could sing at this school! If everyone has such a bad voice, the play is going to be horrible!"

"Two more weeks," I informed her, not even looking up at her as I continued to do my homework on my bed.

"Too long!" she shouted, burying her face into a pillow.

I couldn't wait to find out what the play was, too. Everyone was talking about it, and rumors were going around about what it was going to be and who was going to be in it. As soon as whatever the play would be was confirmed, things were going to get a lot better around the school.

Even though I still had to deal with Eli.

"So, Ivy..." Chloe started suggestively once she finally removed the pillow from her face. The sly look she was giving me made me fear what she was going to say. It really could have been anything when it came to Chloe... "You and Simon... would you like to tell me about the two of you?"

My eyes bulged out of their sockets as I stared right back at her. She didn't seriously think that Simon and I were dating, right? We were just friends!

Chloe burst out laughing at the look on my face. I wanted to tell her that it wasn't funny, but I found that no words would escape my mouth.

Chloe now looked at me with wide eyes as well. "Wait, are you seriously going out with him? Ivy! Why didn't you tell me?"

"I'm not going out with him!" I denied, shaking my head as quickly as I possibly could have without snapping my neck. "He's one of my best friends! He isn't my boyfriend!"

Chloe rolled her eyes, leaning back into her chair in a bored manner. I knew that she would have cared a lot more if Simon and I were actually going out, but since we weren't and we were just friends, I knew that she didn't think it was as scandalous anymore.

"Well, I guess it's a good thing that you guys aren't going out," Chloe smirked, now examining the back of her nails as she continued to sit in the chair. "My cousin was getting pretty jealous, if you ask me..."

I pushed down on my pencil so heard that the lead snapped. There was no way that Jack was jealous of Simon, right? I mean, Jack could have had any girl he wanted at Neverland... In fact, I was sure he had almost every single girl in the school besides Chloe. And he probably didn't do anything with Stephanie either...

"Jack could have any girl in the school," I voiced my thoughts, reaching over and grabbing the tiny pencil sharpener that was on my nightstand. "Why would he be jealous over Simon and me?"

Chloe rolled her eyes at me. "Even though he's a total player and I'm sure he always will be, it's obvious he has feelings for you."

I didn't say anything to her, because I honestly didn't know what I could have said. It wasn't like I didn't think that Jack was attracted to me, because even I knew that that was obvious, but I didn't really think he liked me enough to get jealous over the thought of Simon and me going out...

Or did he?

One of these days I was going to ask him all the questions I had for him. It would have just made everything easier for me...