Off to Neverland (22)

"I'm actually really glad that I went out with you today," I smiled as Jack and I walked through the streets of the fair. It was actually a lot more fun than I thought a fair would be. Jack bought me things even though I told him not to, and he won me things from the games as well. "I didn't think fairs would be this much fun. But it's not nearly as crowded as I thought it would be."

Jack smiled, tightening his hold on my waist as we continued to walk through the different people that were walking in the opposite direction. He was having fun; I knew he was. He didn't even have to say anything and I knew he was having fun just from the way he was acting.

"I love spending time with you, Ivy," he told me, as if he had read my mind. "I know this is cheesy, but I don't even care where we go, as long as I'm with you."

I wrinkled my nose at him but smiled anyway. "Very cheesy. But sweet, nonetheless."

He leaned down, brushing his lips against mine. We stopped right where we were for a moment, just kissing as if there wasn't anyone around us at all.

"Mommy, Mommy, look!" I heard a little girl cry, but I didn't pay any attention to her until I heard what she said next. "Do you think those two are gonna make a baby?"

Jack and I broke away from each other, both of our eyes wide as we stared at each other. I saw the little blonde girl being shushed by her mother out of the corner of my eye, but I wasn't paying attention to her anymore. What an embarrassing question...

"So, making babies, huh?" Jack winked, and I felt my cheeks burn bright red. "I like the sound of that."

I hit him in the chest, smiling as I turned away from him and started away, making sure to grab his hand so he would walk after me. I heard him chuckle, and he followed after me happily.

After a few more minutes, Jack and I stopped to sit down so we could eat. He asked me what I wanted and he went off to get it himself, not letting me go even though I said I would. So I sat there with all the things I had gotten, waiting for him to return.

I looked down at the ground so I wouldn't have to look at anyone who was passing us. If I made eye contact with someone, they'd probably think I was all alone or something.

When someone's shoes came into my peripheral vision, I looked up to see who it was.

"Oh, Simon, I didn't expect to see you here," I blinked, smiling at my best friend as I continued to wait for Jack. I then smiled slyly. "Hmm? Are you on a date?"

Simon only frowned at me. "Are you?"

A little taken back by his tone, I nodded. "Yeah, I am. With--"

"Jack," he finished for me, his frown still plastered on his face. "Yeah, I know. I saw you two together."

I blinked at him, not knowing what I was supposed to say. This was the first time I didn't know what I was supposed to say to Simon, so I had no idea what I was supposed to do either. Why was he acting this way? He was usually so happy and goofy...

"Um... you never answered my question," I informed him awkwardly, scraping my foot against the ground just a little bit. I hadn't ever acted awkward around Simon before... What was going on now? "So... are you on a date?"

And that frown just continued to stay there. "No, I'm not on a date."

"Well... I think I should go find Jack," I finally chuckled nervously, standing up and taking a step away from my best friend. I guessed I was going to have to deal with Simon later... "I'll see you later, Simon."

I turned around, not expecting a reply from him as I took a few steps away. I definitely didn't expect him to say, "He's going to hurt you."

I stopped, not even turning back toward him. Where was this coming from? Why did everyone have to tell me that Jack was going to hurt me? He wasn't going to hurt me! He really liked me a lot...