11

DEDICATED TO xdesolate again because she is my buddy c: AND WRITES AMAZING FIC AND HAS A NEW ONE FT MICHAEL CLIFFORD SO OBVIOUSLY YOU SHOULD READ IT. it's called ignite 

anyways enjoy it gets intense 

I shuffled around nervously, pacing up and down the isles of the dingy old record store. The tracks on the record currently playing had stopped, but I didn't bother changing it. I was nervous, too nervous. I was going to Marcie's house for dinner tonight. I was going to have to engage in conversation, real conversations, with people I barely knew. And from what I knew, the people my girlfriend lived with were whack. My girlfriend, it has a nice ring.. I stopped my thoughts instantly, knowing if I started thinking of Marcie, I don't think I'd stop. I needed time to prepare for this.

I sat down behind the counter, but still nervously bounced my knee and shuffled through papers that were spewed on the glasstop. Chimes sounded my ears and I looked up to find Nate walking towards me.

"Hey, man. I forgot my-"

"Help me. Help. I'm eating at my girlfriend's house for the first time tonight. What do I do?" I pleaded.

"Woah, woah, what? Michael Clifford has a girlfriend?" His sarcastic tone made me roll my eyes at him.

"Don't sound so surprised."

He came behind the counter and sat on the stool next to me. "So, who is she?"

"Her name's Marcie." I picked at my fingers as he spoke again.

"Marcie..Marcie Armstrong?"

My brow furrowed. "Yeah, you know her?"

"Yeah, she's been to a few parties around here, she was always with a different guy though. I haven't seen her around much, I guess you're the reason why." He nudged my side causing me to laugh, but it didn't last long. "I think she got with my buddy once actually, twice maybe?" He searched the room like he was looking for answers. "Maybe it was two of my friends, or three?"

"Nate." I stopped him and he looked back to me, stifling a laugh. My knee still bounced frantically, my foot tapping at the rim of the stool it rested on.

Nate noticed, becoming more serious now. "Damn, you are nervous."

I gave him a look that said 'you think' and stared back at the ground.

"Alright, alright. Have you met her mother before?"

I nodded, not sure where he was going with this.

"Well, problem solved! At least it's not the first time you're meeting her." He pointed out.

"Problem not solved, Nate, because- WHAT THE FUCK AM I GOING TO TALK ABOUT?" I shouted. Thankfully, there was no one in the store I could startle.

"You need a xanax," He looked at me funny, like he was thinking of something else to say, "And some shots."

"Nate, come on. I'm freaking out."

"What makes you think I know anything about this!?"

"I don't know, just help me. Please." I begged, my lip slightly pouted.

He rolled his eyes. "Lock up this place."

* * * *

"Do I really have to wear a tie?" I loosened the purple tie around my neck, practically gasping for air. Nate had me put on a button up shirt and dress pants for the occasion, but the only tie I had was this purple one.

"Well, no. Plus, you look like an A-Class Dick." He chuckled. "Lose the tie, and the dress pants."

"So what? I go with no pants?" I said sarcatically.