9

DEDICATED TO xdesolate bc she's been a real pal and her luke hemmings fic 'I Do' is perfection and you should read it like now c: 

My mind ran rapid all weekend. Marcie's chilling words repeated over and over again and I thought of every possible way I could change her mind.

I never came up with a verdict.

I jogged to the coffee shop trying to avoid the cool air from seeping into my bones after class on Monday. I was in need of some sanity in the form of a cup.

I strolled over to the unoccupied counter and slapped down my money. Mollie jumped at the sound and looked up at me. She gave me a warm smile, but I didn't comply. Her brow was knitted together as she turned away to make my coffee. She returned and pressed a lid to it, sliding to me

"Tough day at school?" She asked.

I removed my hand from the money beneath it and she dragged it across the counter, putting it into the register. I huffed and spoke. "I'm just confused, and angry. Angry and confused." My lip pouted and I peered at her.

She laughed, placing a hand on my shoulder and rubbing it slightly. "It's okay. Hey, Cooper's coming in a few, maybe you can talk to him." Mollie knew about Cooper and I's falling out. I froze and my eyes became wide.

"He-he's coming here?"

"Well, being his girlfriend, he comes here for his fix."

His girlfriend? What did I miss? I was the reason they were together. He could have at least thanked me. I scoffed at my own thoughts and looked at her again.

"You better get moving if you want to avoid him." She pointed out the window and Cooper was just crossing the street towards the shop. I turned back to Mollie. "Just go sit, I'll work it out. I know he misses you."

I looked around me frantically searching for a table. "Just go!" She urged, pushing me forward.

I grabbed the cup from the counter before stumbling forward. The sound of chimes filled my ears indicating someone had walked in, and I knew just who it was. I scurried away, weaving through the tables until finding one in the back. My breathing settled once I sat, my legs outstretched and crossed at my ankles. I watched as Cooper leaned over the counter to peck Mollie's cheek. His girlfriend? I must have missed a lot , considering they've gotten together while Cooper and I weren't talking.

They conversed for a minute or two until Cooper turned his head in my direction. I quickly made myself look busy, but from the corner of my eye I saw him making strides in my direction. Shit.

He swiftly slipped into the seat across from me without a word and I kept my eyes to the floor. I could feel him looking at me, but I couldn't muster up the courage to look back.

"Michael."

I still looked down despite him saying my name.

"Michael, I know you know I'm sitting across from you. Don't ignore me, you dork." I cracked a smile and looked up at him, who smiled as well.

"Coop, I'm-I'm sor-"

"No, I'm sorry. I overreacted that day." He sighed and I sipped the steaming liquid from the cup in my hands. "Look, all Tom has been bragging about is how bad he beat your ass that night. I mean you were pretty messed up. But, you can't let him walk all over you. I know you're more than that, and you should, too." His words were sincere and I realized how much I missed him, too. He was my bro, my very first friend from America.

"I can't stand him." I balled my fists in frustration. "He's always trying to fuck with me for no reason and I-" My face turned red from anger and I shook my head.