Chapter Eighteen

‘Eeek!’ I said, bouncing in the spot.
‘Call it your early birthday present seeing as I won’t be here.’ He said, searching in the towel bag he’d bought with him.

‘Found it!’ He said proudly, before setting a white envelope down on my lap.
I stared at it for a second, I don’t really know why. I was sort of secretly blown away that he’d surprised me twice in one day.
I slowly peeled the seal and opened the envelope. Then pulled out two pieces of paper.

Oh.
My.
God.

‘Airline ticket to Australia.’ The ticket read in bold letters.

‘A…. But…’ I said, I couldn’t even get my words out, I couldn’t form a sentence.
‘Do you like it?’ He smiled.
‘A… mengndskdgh.’ Is something close to what I said.

‘Thank you, so much, I can’t, ahhh!’ I said. I was proud of myself for forming a plausible sentence.
‘I’m not going to promote, we’re going for a holiday!’ He said.
‘I.. I just don’t know what to say. I can’t thank you enough. We’re going to Australia. Oh my…’ I said, I think anyway, it’s kind of a blur.

I have the best boyfriend ever.

We’re going to Australia. AUSTRALIA.
Holy Cheeseballs.

In 4 days I am going to Australia. With Cody, oh my word. Cheese to the balls.

I snapped out of my insane ‘mouth open and possibly drooling’ state of mind and stood up. I hugged Cody harder than I’d ever hugged him before.
‘Thank you so much.’ I whispered in his ear as I leant up to kiss him.

We spent the rest of the day walking round the town. We live in a small part of LA that was pretty much on the outskirts. That’s the reason that Cody isn’t constantly followed by paps, they simply can’t find him.
As we walked down a pebbled side street back to my house, Cody slipped his arm around my neck.
‘I’ve got so much planned.’ He said, smiling
‘I just, I can’t wait.’ I said, still in partial shock.
‘Good.’ He said, before laughing. He has the most beautiful laugh; I wish he’d laugh like that more often.

He walked me home and I invited him in, but he said he had things to do so I kissed him goodbye and walked up my drive. I saw my mum standing at the window with an angry look on her face. 

Oh god. What have I done now?

‘Hey mum, I have some amazing news!’ I said as I walked in, pretending that I hadn’t seen her.
‘Alexia.’
‘Yes mum?’ I said, looking at her with my very unattractive confused face.
She glared at me.

‘I’m afraid...’