Chapter Fifteen

I was so glad that I had bought some new pyjamas at the mall today. Most of mine that I own are either just some shorts and vest tops chucked together or have Spongebob on. The ones I had bought were kind of fleecy, they are pink and white and have odd patterns on, but they are cute.

After doubting whether I could stay awake all night, I slept in the limo on the ride home and I think Cody did too. I woke up feeling fresh as a daisy so the doubts had pretty much gone. For the last half hour of the journey home that we were both actually awake, we talked again about everything and anything. It is so nice to be able to just talk to him. I am a strong believer of the phrase;

‘Dance like nobody is looking, sing like nobody is listening and act like nobody is judging.’ and when I am with Cody you can tell that he isn’t judging.

I feel like wearing a hat with an arrow pointing to me saying ‘Lucky girl here’ because I really am.

I was sat with my head on his shoulder with my feet up and he was doing the same, but with his head on mine.

‘Have you ever seen Harry Potter?’ He said softly, obviously still in partial sleep mode.

‘Well, no!’ I said.

‘Are you serious?’ He laughed. ‘Have you ever lived?’ He sat up.

‘Haha, clearly not!’ I smiled, staring at him.

‘Well, you’re not falling asleep then, decided!’ He said sternly.

I shook my head.

‘I’ll use match sticks if I have to!’ I laughed.

Cody smiled and rested his head back on my shoulder, and then he fell asleep. 

Awww.

I put my bags in Alli’s room, which she’d ordered me to do. It was Monday, and according to Alli, Monday wasmovie night. I hadn’t realised that it was Monday, that meant that it is my birthday on Saturday. Wow that came quickly!

We sat in the ‘movie theatre’ I guess you could call it, because it was. There were only four seats to a row, so Alli, Madison and Jake sat at the front and Cody and I sat behind them. All I could smell was popcorn and whatever it was that Alli was drinking. I think it was Red Bull, probably to keep her awake.

It got to about the fourth movie and we lost all seriousness. So far we had all gone through about 5 buckets of popcorn, most of which Alli and Madison had thrown at Jake. Well, all together we had eaten around a quarter of it because halfway through the film we were attempting to throw it into each other’s mouths and missed. So it would be easier to say that it is mainly on the floor. Alli had drunk around 3 Red Bulls and was obviously not going to sleep anytime soon, she was bouncing off the walls. We soon got bored after the sixth movie, and thought it would be a good idea to play hide and seek in the dark.

‘1.2.3.4…’ Alli counted from the wall.

Cody, Madison and Jake all ran off and I guess I just followed. 

I was down one of the halls, struggling to find somewhere to hide when somebody grabbed my ankle and pulled me towards them.

‘Hide here.’ The person whispered.

It sounded like a male’s voice, but not Cody’s. Or maybe it was Cody’s? I couldn’t tell it was so dark.

’50… Here I come!’ I heard Alli shout, and then I heard her thumping in the opposite direction.

She ran down the corridor I was hiding at and the person put his hands around my waist and pulled me in tight. Okay, it has to be Cody.

Alli went straight past us and ran upstairs. She was so hyper, I’m pretty sure she fell at one point, but got up and carried on.

The person rubbed his hands through my hair and whispered something in my ear. I didn’t hear what he said because I could hear Alli running back down the hall again. The mysterious ‘must be Cody’ male still rubbed his hands through my hair and round my waist.

Alli saw me and ran towards me.

‘Don’t tell.’ The person said and stepped further back into the darkness. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out and the grasp around my waist loosened. It felt stronger than Cody’s grasp, but I guess in the dark everything seems different.

‘Got you!’ She beamed, pulling me over to where Madison and Cody were.

'Wait here!' she said, shooting off again.

Wait, Cody was here. So who was….