Chapter Twenty Three

‘No I don’t think Jake is coming with us, he comes back to Aus in two weeks I believe, after some photoshoot he’s doing.’ Cody smiled.

OH thank the lord. Bow down to the cheeseballs.

‘Aww that’s a shame!’Giorgia said. 

‘Yup, it will just be yourself, Lexi and I.’ He said, slipping his arm around my neck. I sat with my knees to my stomach and held his hand in my right hand.

‘Aww, you guys are so cute!’ Giorgia said, laughing to herself.

We didn’t speak for too long, seeing as it was way past midnight in Australia. 

‘Goodnight guys! I can’t wait to see you, and finally meet you in person Lexi!’ Giorgia laughed/yawned.

‘Night, and you too!’ I said as Cody shut his laptop. It was only about 4pm here, so it felt weird saying night.

‘What do you wanna do?’ Cody laughed, I have no idea why.

‘Umm, you chose babe!’ I said. He was still sat with his arm around my neck but I had shifted my head onto his shoulder.

‘You’ve never seen our pool have you?’ He asked.

‘No!’ I said, sitting up.

‘Well, Alli and everybody should be home soon, you want to go for a swim?’ He smiled.

‘Sure!’ I said. 

Wow.

About half an hour later they returned home and in that time I’d run home and got some swim stuff.

I walked back in the door to find Alli and Cody stood by the pool, waiting for me. Jake was there too… oh no. I decided to just talk to him if he spoke to me and to try and forget what had happened between us, because nothing had really. Or had it? 

No.

Cody saw me through the window of the pool and walked through to greet me. He grabbed my hand and we went through to the pool. The pool room was huge, with slides and a huge glass door leading to the garden, which was beautiful. The sun was scorching, so Cody opened the door to let some air in.

I stood at the side next to Alli and Cody jumped in and Jake followed. Before I knew it, Alli had grabbed my hand and pulled me in with her. I resurfaced and brushed my hair away from my eyes.

‘That was FUN!’ She said, beaming. I don’t think I’ve ever seen this girl without at least a small smile on her face, she was inspirational.

Cody swam over to me and lifted me up out of the water. I splashed him cheekily and he dunked me in. I nearly choked on water from laughing as I fell!

We were in the pool for at least an hour, having races, being dunked by each other, etc.

It was so much fun! I swear down I have the best life ever!

‘Hey, do we still have those water guns in the closet?’ Alli said.

‘Yeah, shall I go and get them?’ Cody said. Too late, he was going, and Jake followed him. Why it took two of them I’ll never know, must be a boy thing, but then again I wasn’t about to start complaining that Jake had left.

That was really mean, I take that back!

I was thinking about telling Alli about the current happenings with Jake, seeing as we finally had some time on our own, which didn’t happen very often, through no fault of our own!

‘Hey Alli, can I ask you something?’ I said.

Jake and Cody walked back through.

‘Oh, never mind!’ I said.