Chapter Sixteen

Oh cheeseballs. THAT wasn’t Cody!

Stay calm, in through the nose, out through the mouth. Breathe.

Cody grabbed my hand and I shook.

‘Are you okay babe?’ He said. I couldn’t even see him; I wanted to see him, to hug him whilst being sure that it IS him.

I decided to forget it. Have fun and forget it. It was nothing, nothing happened, therefore there is nothing to panic about. Boy was I glad that Cody couldn’t see my nostrils right now; they were probably the size of watermelons and possibly on fire too, just to throw that into the mix.

I sort of forgot about it, mainly because of some ‘news’ Cody had to tell me.

About halfway through trying to find Jake, his phone rang and he shot off to his room. I only caught a glimpse of the caller ID when he showed it to me, and as far as I know it said Matt.

I continued to play hide and seek, although I think Alli was on the stage of a breakdown from drinking too much Red Bull. Madison and I decided to carry her to her room whilst she still had partial control of her own legs and put her to bed. She was out of it instantly, boy this girl parties. We turned the lights back on and called for Jake. I desperately wanted to see where he appeared from, but he was already back by the time I had gotten downstairs.

Damn.

Madison and I walked to the cinema room to clear up some of the popcorn. It had been around an hour since Cody had gone off to his room and I started to expect that he’d fallen asleep. That was, until I got a messagesaying ‘Come upstairs.’

I finished helping Madison before heading to Cody’s room; I had no idea where Jake had gone.

Good.

I knocked and went in. He gestured me over to his bed and tapped the spot next to him and I sat down. He had quite a serious look on his face.

Oh cheeseballs.

‘Umm, that was Matt.’ He said.

‘And? What, has something happened?’ I said, starting to panic.

‘Oh, nothing bad! Well, sort of.’ He said.

‘I’m going to Australia to do some promotion…’ He said, hesitating towards the end.

‘Well, that’s brilliant isn’t it? I mean, you get to go home right?’ I said, struggling to see why this was a bad thing.

‘Well, not exactly. I leave on Friday, this Friday. For 4 days. Meaning I’ll miss your birthday.’ He said, looking down at the floor.

‘Hey, don’t worry about that! It’s only my birthday; it comes round once a year! Just go and have fun! We can have my birthday when you get back can’t we?’ I said, reassuringly.

‘Besides, it will be practise for when you are gone for six months, call this the … tour testing long weekend!’ I laughed. He did too and looked at me.

‘You’re amazing, you know that?’ He said.

‘Well, if I do say so myself.’ I laughed. He leant over and hugged me. A really long hug.

I tried to hide the fact that I wanted to cry. Mainly because I’d thought about how I’m not going to be able to hug him like this for a whole six months. As it drew closer, it was only just dawning on me just how much I am going to miss him. Even simple things like his laugh and well, his smile I guess. Just his presence in general. I excused myself and lied that I needed the loo. I went to the bathroom and sat, and cried. Something that I don’t do lightly. And boy did I cry.

I tidied myself up and wiped the mascara from under my eyes before returning to Cody’s room. He was fast asleep and Jake was lying on the floor next to his bed. I looked at my phone and only just realised that it was 4am. Oh my.

I walked back down the hall to Alli’s room to see Alli sprawled out on her bed and Madison sprawled out on the floor. I joined them, and sprawled out on the floor too.

I woke up at around 9am. Alli was stirring and Madison was sat on Twitter replying to and following fans. She looked at me and said hi. Then she showed me a few of the tweets that some of the fans had sent her. They were really sweet and they definitely made her smile.

I thought I’d join her and check my twitter, not that it would compare to hers. I had a tweet from Cody’s personal.

‘Come to the kitchen xo.’ It said. I threw a hoodie on over my pjs, one of Cody’s I think, then put some slippers on. I tied my hair up too so it looked at least a little bit respectable.

I slumped downstairs and was met with Cody grinning.

‘We are going to make pancakes!’ He said, before grabbing my hand.